Scraper Blade and CVT Automatic Transmission?

slick49

Threads
Recently purchased a Craftsman 46" with 19.0 H.P., CVT Automatic. Can I safely put my 42" scraper blade off my old Craftsman 42", 16.5, 6 speed and use it for dragging and leveling dirt without hurting the CVT Automatic?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Recently purchased a Craftsman 46" with 19.0 H.P., CVT Automatic. Can I safely put my 42" scraper blade off my old Craftsman 42", 16.5, 6 speed and use it for dragging and leveling dirt without hurting the CVT Automatic?

Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) Its something that I haven't come across in a lawn tractor yet other then some of the old John Deere's had a manual unit. But I do see them in my shop in ATV's. The first time I came across the CVT transmissions was in the snowmobiles. Its a very popular thing to use these units to plow snow with. I have to say that I have never come across a transmission problem with this unit in them.. If the lawn tractor CTV is something like the ATV's the most I could see is belt wear. This transmission has also become popular in some of the newer cars now.

Bob E

Threads
They are still using transaxles with the CVT pulleys, and they are making the transaxles from plastic. If you transaxel is plastic I wouldn't use the scraper blade...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
CVT are not bad but that is really not the issue here. What model number is the tractor. I will look up the specs to see if it will do ground engaging.