Scotts s1642 Drive Belt keeps coming off

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah I ordered one from the manufacturer.

When you have the belt off, check the pulley in your first photo the one in front it seems a little off line to me, it could just be the way the photo was taken.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
you could have gone to most any repair shop and got one today

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

When you say most shops now you run into problems because I find around here they will sell you anything just to sell you a belt now you have spent money for a new belt that you can't use. Buy from a good dealer and get the right belt the first time.

Av8or-Dave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the "LEAN" of the pully support posts, to see if they have bent over time. If they are off-angle, that will shorten the distance the belt is supposed to travel causing slack. Also, makes the pulley operate at an angle to dump the belt off of them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Check the "LEAN" of the pully support posts, to see if they have bent over time. If they are off-angle, that will shorten the distance the belt is supposed to travel causing slack. Also, makes the pulley operate at an angle to dump the belt off of them.
Kinda hope the OP has resolved this by now since it has been nearly 9 yrs since his last post.