Scag Tiger Cub - with 21hp engine - which oil filter ?

jetty

Threads
  • / Scag Tiger Cub - with 21hp engine - which oil filter ?
Just bought a tiger cub and would like to change the oils. The engine is a Kawasaki FH601V-BS11. I have searched for FH601V filters but they all say for 19HP engines. The engine says 21HP on the front so I'm completely confused.
Does anyone know the correct part number for the 21HP FH601V......if a 21HP 601V actually exists ?!

John R

Threads
Online parts show 49065-7010 for this engine.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Government changed the way engine manufactures could assess the HP of an engine. So your 21 HP is actually a 19 HP.

jetty

Threads
Online parts show 49065-7010 for this engine.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Ordered the filter and it is completely different size to the old one (much smaller both height and width).
Photos attached. Presuming the previous owner used a generic filter ?

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There are lots of "conspiracy theory" out there who have never done any engineering or science who revel in trying to prove every oil filter is exactly the same and we are being robbed blind.
Some even cut them up to prove their point although they have absolutely no idea of what they a looking at.
Thus a lot of people think it is fine & dandy to walse into the cheapest parts shop & buy the cheapest one that will screw on.
Like cheap & nasty wine obviously bigger has to be better which is obvious if you have no idea what you are talking about.

It costs money to do things like print correct fitting instructions on the side of the filter, along with your name & the product identity code.
So which one looks like it was made in Nowhereastan by the "We Have No Product Liability Insurance" oil filter & tea cosy company to you.
And which one looks like it was made by a company concerned about the end user ?