Scag Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

55TBird

Threads
Greetings. I just bought two Skags. The mower I've been lusting after for 13 years — a 61" Turf Tiger. And a 48 Freedom Z for my son. It has rained for the past several days so I haven't even had a chance to mow yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I traded in a Cub Cadet Commercial Tank I had for 13 years. But I always wanted a Turf Tiger.

55TBird

Threads
Ok, I mowed with the TT for the first time and WOW. That will take some getting used to. It's like switching from a trail horse to a race horse. I'm used to pushing the handles all the way forward most of the time, but that isn't going to work. The Turf Tiger is really fast and will require a lot more touch. My lot is hilly and rough with a lot of obstacles including ditches. I welcome the speed where I can use it, but everything is so different from my old mower I really need to retrain my muscle memory. But I can tell I'm going to love mowing with this beast.

Jeeper

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I bought a 2005 turf tiger last fall after wanting one for some time. It's older but was used by a homeowner so it had a reasonable about of hours and is in very good condition. Happy so far but will be posting a thread for help with a little issue I'm having.

GGOSSLER

Threads
Morning to All:

Will pick up my Scag Tiger Cat 2, 52" with Kawasaki FX691 this afternoon, sold Gravely HDZT with same engine,
was six years old, no problems with Gravely, just the dealer was 35 miles away. Scag dealer is 7 miles away,
very impressed with the Scag, have done lots of research, and believe it to be a fine machine. Will make a
post after I have had an opportunity to try it out.

Greg Gossler

GFGT

Threads
Hello from Indiana!

I've owned my Turf Tiger for almost 13 years now and it's been a great machine. Starting to get into some repairs now but I would recommend a Scag to anyone asking. Thanks for the add to the forum.

45lcman

Forum Newbie
Threads
just got an older scag tiger cub

45lcman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I am Tom from Pennsylvania
I own a 2004 Tiger Cub that I bought new absolutely awesome mower!!

have you changed out the center spindle on the mower deck? mine is a 48 inch deck and i can't seem to get the drive pulley off. The other 2 spindles and pulley s came off no problem

Stevevtx04

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello from Tennessee,
Just purchased my first Zero Turn Mower after much research and input from several home users as well as commercial mowers. (Scag Liberty Z 48" deck, Kawi motor). It came down to a Bob Cat CRZ or the Scag Liberty Z, still think both are great mowers but the Scag won out and I'm thrilled so far. This mower seems to be built like a tank and my mow time went from 1.5 hrs to 23 minutes. I race in Triathlons (Including Ironman distance) in addition to my full time job so when I'm not training I want to spend as much time with my wife and kids as possible. This Scag just gave me an extra hour and change to spend more time with the family each week, that's a big deal to my very understanding family. I'm actually looking forward to mowing this weekend!

Bearheart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: New to the Forum

Howdy, Bearheart here -- in the Bluegrass of Kentucky -- new to the forum, but imagine I'll be checking in a lot now that my Tiger Cub is starting to have problems. Have a Scag - STC48A, Kawasaki 19 HP engine, 48" deck. My dad bought it about 2002 and I've had it since 2012, a solid mower used typically to cut 2.5 acres every week April - Oct, probably should cut more frequently in the spring, if I had more time. Replaced the PTO clutch, cutter deck belt, drive belt, cutter deck switch and a few other items over the years - I'm guessing standard wear & tear over 15 years, so can't complain. Unfortunately, now getting into some more serious issues that I'll be checking the forum for solutions on, soon. I'm not a mechanic and don't have the experience many of you have, but hopefully some of you have weathered the storm I'm about to go through and are kind enough to help me through. Buying another machine simply isn't an option at this juncture, so I'm gonna keep this one rolling as long as I can!

mrmachinist

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone,

I purchased a 2007 Tiger Cub 48" with the 19hp Kawi about 3 years ago. Its been a great mower up until the last few weeks, hence the reason I found this forum. Im having some weird electrical issues. Im going to do some searching around before I ask any questions.

I am active on other forums, just never had an issue with my Scag that I needed to look up before.