Scag Liberty Z opinions?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Are your back tires adjusted to 8 psi cold ? That gives some nice cushion on my grass..

Ida-Boy

Threads
I purchased a Z 52" with a kawi this spring and so far I luv it. Motor is quieter than a Kohler and I think smoother. I did upgrade the seat and had to swap out the sticks for some longer ones from a Ferris.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats, I got my 48" last May, & it is a beast..

tyfabes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a 48" with the Scag SR motor. I wanted a 48" and it was the only option (no Kohler or Kawasaki). Reading positive reviews of the SR motor (Loncin), but only time will tell how it holds up!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Congrats !!
I have a 2021 Liberty 48" w/Kaw. Great so far..

I have read those SR engines are doing good.. Toro has been using the for a few years I believe..

tyfabes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, been reading about a number of people having put several hundred hours on the Predator engines without any issues. While I'd have preferred a Kawasaki, as long as Scag is backing it, I'm not going to worry too much.

boodyboo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a 48" with the Scag SR motor. I wanted a 48" and it was the only option (no Kohler or Kawasaki). Reading positive reviews of the SR motor (Loncin), but only time will tell how it holds up!
I too just bought the same in Aug2022. Dealer has said the Loncin engine has done well ... better option that the Kohler but maybe not on par with the Kaw. Time will tell.

13brian

Threads
I too just bought the same in Aug2022. Dealer has said the Loncin engine has done well ... better option that the Kohler but maybe not on par with the Kaw. Time will tell.
Why are people saying the Kohler is not as good of an option as the SR? Why is Kawi preferred?
I purchased Liberty Z 61" with Kohler just over 2 years ago and couldn't be happier (end of year over $1,000 off and the $0/5yr). The tech (mech for long time) I spoke with said the Kohler was just as good as the Kawi and was rebuildable, Kaw was not. I don't expect to need that as an option, but pretty much no one does; I like it for the option. I am super pleased with the smooth, unrelenting power- has mowed moist 36" tall field grass without issue.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm still digging my Liberty, it just does everything well IMO.