Scag Liberty Z opinions?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you for letting me know! I know many of the zero turn mowers say 10 or 15 degrees max. It still surprises me as I used to mow with an old Dixon zero turn (maybe 15 years ago) on a hill that was around 50 degrees (near the side of the road). It worked well unless it was too wet and then the rear end would slide down the side of the hill. You had to be careful or else (when really wet) the rear tires would slide sideways and scrape the grass with it. It was incredibly fun but the yard looked terribly afterwards!

I'm curious how it does towing. Most of the folks I spoke with think the 36" will do fine with the smaller stuff (dethatcher or aerator) but not so great with a roller or maybe sprayer.
The 36" LZ still has the HG 2800 wheel motors. I should think that would be a plus on the lighter 36"er..

Lawn Addict
Threads
So.... Old thread but did they last? Hours and any issues?
Friend has had his for 5 years & @ 600 hours, nothing major..

Mine is not quite a year old & only 15.6 hours to date. Only things that bugged me were the Hydro pump 'dump valves', rattle. But I fixed that..
Otherwise I'm really digging my 48" LZ. I got last year for the Kawasaki for the 48"...

Jmmclaug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Friend has had his for 5 years & @ 600 hours, nothing major..

Mine is not quite a year old & only 15.6 hours to date. Only things that bugged me were the Hydro pump 'dump valves', rattle. But I fixed that..
Otherwise I'm really digging my 48" LZ. I got last year for the Kawasaki for the 48"...
Yeah just reading I see that they have switched from the Kawasaki supposedly on the 48. Going to take my dealer tomorrow I should have swore the 2022 he has has the kw on it

Lawn Addict
Threads
Then it will be a 2021, Check the MFGR date on the decal under the front of the seat..

Jmmclaug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Then it will be a 2021, Check the MFGR date on the decal under the front of the seat..
Will check tomorrow.have been on the fence on this one for a 48or ponying up more cash. I can get a 2021 pro turn ZX 48 for 7300 otd still or a 2021 pro turn 148 for 8k even otd. I guess the middle option is a FREEDOM 48 for 5990 OTD choices suck.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow !! Prices really jumped.. Liberty has 5 year warranty tho.. I paid cash & got nice discount for that. WAS like $4,7k

Jmmclaug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow !! Prices really jumped.. Liberty has 5 year warranty tho.. I paid cash & got nice discount for that. WAS like $4,7k
That was a typo. The freedom was the middle ground I can get at around 5990 otd. The liberty 48 my dealer will do for 5k even that's after tax.

Jmmclaug

Forum Newbie
Threads
Went ahead and got it. 5200 out the door financed 0 for 5. I mean why pay cash if they're letting me use theirs for free. They got it in January. Last one that still has the kaw and 2800.

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y) Congrats on the LIberty Z ..
I think 2021 is best year, still has the Kaw, & steam roller front tires,. 2800 HG. I have read several were NOT happy w / Freedom.. I tried one & didn't like it.. Preferred the Liberty.
Agree with you on the 0% for 5.. My Deal was different. But I bet you will really like your new Liberty..

PS: I did the early 8 hour oil change. Get it off to a great start..

Hope you got some Scag swag, You have to ask, I got 2 T-shirts w / mine..

Last edited:

Jmmclaug

Forum Newbie
Threads
(y) Congrats on the LIberty Z ..
I think 2021 is best year, still has the Kaw, & steam roller front tires,. 2800 HG. I have read several were NOT happy w / Freedom.. I tried one & didn't like it.. Preferred the Liberty.
Agree with you on the 0% for 5.. My Deal was different. But I bet you will really like your new Liberty..

PS: I did the early 8 hour oil change. Get it off to a great start..

Hope you got some Scag swag, You have to ask, I got 2 T-shirts w / mine.. View attachment 60248
Did a residential 1/2 acre great tonight, but then Did a 1.2 acre lot tonight with it too. Some grass was knee high on that acre. Not even a hiccup or a left straggler at full speed... BUT, I do regret on that lot not having something heavier. My back took a beating. Going to need to figure a suspension seat out without going broke.