Scag Diesel alternator good not charging

Auto Doc's

Threads
From what I can tell on Manual Lib in a diagram there is a control module on the gauge pack area and there is an inline 20A fuse. Locate that fuse and make sure it is not blown. Jump start will blow fuses on many machines.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. It sounds like both companies are avoiding their responsibilities to the equipment owners and the service techs, much like the Chinese equipment manufactures.

We are left to figure out what wrong with no help from either one. Some of us makes them look good by repairing the problems without their help.

In this case it does appear the alternator has a built-in voltage regulator so does need a trigger voltage to operate so make with the 50 amp charging fuse is good too. According the original IPL it is a 50 amp circuit breaker but later they claimed it was replaced by a 50 amp fuse. I don't know it is an auto reset breaker or an once tripped it has to be replaced version.
1728650913153.png

SCAGCAT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for confirming my suspicions. It sounds like both companies are avoiding their responsibilities to the equipment owners and the service techs, much like the Chinese equipment manufactures.

We are left to figure out what wrong with no help from either one. Some of us makes them look good by repairing the problems without their help.

In this case it does appear the alternator has a built-in voltage regulator so does need a trigger voltage to operate so make with the 50 amp charging fuse is good too. According the original IPL it is a 50 amp circuit breaker but later they claimed it was replaced by a 50 amp fuse. I don't know it is an auto reset breaker or an once tripped it has to be replaced version.
View attachment 69827
There is continuity through that 50 amp. Have not found a bad fuse yet.