Repairs RZT50 pulling problems.

jerry1249

Threads
have a RZT 50 cub that will go for about 10 min. then just quits pulling. could it be the pump over heating or does it need a new trans. the left side works fine and lets you keep mowing but draggs down the machine.

jerry1249

Threads
The answer is not always a manual. I came to this forum to help others and them help me.Since you are supposedly a MECHANIC, apparently you don't give your opinion,but instead you offer a high dollar manual. I have manuals and have found that they are not always right. So if manuals are all you have to offer, I'm bowing out and going back to good ole experience and know how..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
1) the manual on offer is a free download and excellent . It is the same one I use. So obviously you have not bothered to look at it.
2) yes if the oil gets hot enough to to thin so far it can run down the side of the pump piston rather than being pumped under pressure to the motor.
3) the belt could be mounted wrong and slipping on one side
4) the tensioning pulley spring could be weak or improperly mounted.

5) we are people, not magicians so no one can wave a magic wand and solve your problems
6) we are all volunteers who come here principally to learn and as a by product to ASSIST OTHERS TO HELP THEMSELVES.
If you have difficultly understanding the manuals we will be happy to help you.
I have customers who are functionally illiterate and I am sure there are at lest a few on this list who are also illeterate and we are happy to guide their hands all through the processes.

Now you have given a minimal amout of information to work with.
Minimum required is athe actual model & serial number of the mower, engine trannys and pumps.
Armed with this information those who are in the trade can check for known defects and recalls.

Otoh if you get your jollies by stomping off in a petulant frenzy then have a nice day.

jerry1249

Threads
checked everything you have mentioned. I'm not stupid. Cub Cadet as you probably know, has used the same engines and trans. for multiple years. the manual guy only gives them istead of a suggestion. all I'm saying is share your knowledge the way this site was set up to do. Thank you for your feedback and the information you let go of. Someone will benefit from your reply to me . Thanks and have a good day.

mikemower

Forum Newbie
Threads
checked everything you have mentioned. I'm not stupid. Cub Cadet as you probably know, has used the same engines and trans. for multiple years. the manual guy only gives them istead of a suggestion. all I'm saying is share your knowledge the way this site was set up to do. Thank you for your feedback and the information you let go of. Someone will benefit from your reply to me . Thanks and have a good day.

I find it very disappointing that someone comes to this forum for help and two members with a total of several thousand posts wish to attempt to boost their own egos by ridiculing the member that was asking for help. There is a lot that can be infered from your comments about your psychological makeup.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mike,
I do try not to be arrogant or abusive.
however if you go back through all of the posts here you will fined about 1/4 or more are from people who have not read the instruction that came with their mower, let alone the service manual.
In most cases most people can nut out the problem if they are pointed in the right direction and the first step is to "Read the Manual".
So if the first responce is to point the poster to where the factory has hidden the manual, that is a good response.

With out trying to demean the OP, he opens his aggressively worded response with the words "overpriced manual".
The manual Mark sent him to was a free download so it is obviously the OP did not ACT upon the information he was given but simply REACTED to the post .

My follow up post opend with the comment that the OP had not actually done what Mark had suggested, no abusive adjectives nor demeaning terms.
This then followed with some information about how the "mystery box" works and some common problems with set ups.

I then further asked for the minimum information , serial & model numbers and explained why we need them & how we can use them to help the OP.

The closing comment was critical and possible a little abrupt but all of the trade people on this list give a lot of valuable time that they could be using in their shops to make some money and they give it for free. We don't do it to boost our own self esteem nor feed out egos .
You will note the lack of the words "I" & "MY" suggesting ownership of secret information & skills and most common to responses from ego boosters.
Some posters come to this list looking for a fight or expection some one to tell them to turn screw 1 to the left 3 times, stick tab "C" into slot "F" and all your problems are solved.
However it does not work like that. No two breakdowns are identical and no two posters have the same skill sets &/or knowledge. Further more the cause of the problem is just as important as the fix. No good telling some one how to fix something if their misuse is causing the problem.
I for one am here to learn, the problems that come up here and the solutions that are eventually found could walk into my shop any day of the week so it actually adds substantially to my "experience & knowledge base" .
I came here originally out of frustration from trying to find service information from the local distributors.

Each and every person sees things differently and will read into any comment whatever their pet peeve is. that is a simple fact of life.
However before you attack those trying to help you might like to review the the entire post.
If you do so while trying to be objective you will note that the OP has still not divulged the information he was asked for.
SO he has either worked it out himself and not bothered to to let others know, which is selfish to the extreme or has gone elsewhere.