Ryobi BP42 blower

litchjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
The primer bulb on my blower is hard to push and is very slow to refill itself.
Blower is a pain to start.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Jim

jp1961

Threads
Hi Jim,

Remove the two screws on the carb that hold the primer bulb in place. There is a recess that has a screen in it, is it plugged with debris?

Regards

Jeff

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
jp1961 please look-up the equipment before replying this back pack blower (Ryobi BP42 model RY08420A) does not have carburetor mounted primer.

If the remote primer is plumbed correctly then primer can be defective on the push out but the carburetor internal filter can be also plugged due to the slow refill. If the primer just been replaced it can reversed plumbed on of hte problem.

litchjw

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Jim,

Remove the two screws on the carb that hold the primer bulb in place. There is a recess that has a screen in it, is it plugged with debris?

Regards

Jeff
This unit does not have a carb mounted primer. The primer is on a bracket that attaches via a plastic clip to the air filter box.
There are plastic hosed that run from the tank to the primer then to the carb inlet. I have not found a screen when disassembling the carb earlier. I have a weed eater that has the setup that you mentioned This carb is different
When troubleshooting earlier I had reversed the primer hoses by mistake. After correcting the error the primer worked fine for a day or two but now it gets hard with a few pumps and will not stay full making for hard starting.
Anyone know why the primer behaves this way ?

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Due to the response to me personally from StarTech (a legend in his own mind), I won't comment further on this thread.

Regards

Jeff

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Don't just leave because me. I was just trying to get posters to relevant info.

BTW I won't be around for some time anyways as I got a massive software update induced inventory problem and it will take weeks if not months to straighten out. I went from having 45K retail value to 750K with a few weeks if not months to correct while still running the business. So far I gotten it back down to just under 700K. It things all the way back to 2014 that I sold but the update decided I still had the items. I not on good terms with the software vendor right now because of it.

It not a good feeling saying you have something and it turns out it not there when you look for it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doesn't that blower have a primer on a bracket? It's not mounted on the carb.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The primer bulb on my blower is hard to push and is very slow to refill itself.
Blower is a pain to start.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Jim
Did you get it started? I have the Ryobi big brother to this blower. Manual says it requires 10 pushes on the primer bulb. That might be on a brand new blower, never having fuel. Once you've used it, they only take like 2-4 pumps like a normal dual-stroke engine. Mine starts very easily.

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IF this is happening the first thing you do is pull the fuel intake line off the carb
Problem goes away = blocked filter / line in tank.
Problem stays = blocked screen in carb or blocked valve in purge chamber