ruined a blade

deck~dragger

Threads
Around 5 years ago, I cut 4 trees in the yard as close to the ground as I could. After weed trimming around them for years, was in a rush I suppose and thought I might try raising the deck, throttling down and easing over them. It worked, no tipping. I kept this up for a few mowings, then one cold morning on the second stump, a blade made contact. I then realized with the cold, the tire pressure dropped some psi and squatted a bit. All the other times were in the evening with warm weather. Back to trimming, got a bit careless on that.

platefire

Threads
Yelp I need to do something different like that. I been driving a big nail in the stump and tie a fluorescent orange surveying ribbon around the nail. Only problem the color fades or grass blocks the view and "Bang!" you nailed it again

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Lots of methods to remove stumps
My favourite is to place an oil drum we call the 44's because we have real gallons down here in the USA they are probably 50's over the stump and dig around the outside 1 spade width to get the size
Then dig out all of the dirt around the stump
If you have not done this yet the top & bottom of the drum need to be removed so it is just a tube
Cut some holes in the bottom of the drum to let the air in and start a fire
Basically it is a rocket stove ( miles of them on You Tube ) .
It will burn a really big wet stump out in a very short amount of time
The drum shields the grass from the heat so you do not end up with 10 yards of dead grass.
The soil will be burned so back fill with compost to revive the soil biome and top dress for the next couple of seasons to bring the grass up to level