RSD exhaust burning lawn?

cleansweep

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wrote and sent pictures also. Below is the response from Excel. I bought the muffler shield from my dealer.

"Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry about the problem you are experiencing. Brown spots are normally a issue when the mower sits too long and the heat from the exhaust causes a temporary browning of the grass. To prevent this from happening, be sure to clear your yard of any obstacles prior to mowing. If you must stop for any length of time, stop on your drive - or other places than your grass.

If you continue to experience this problem, please visit one of our Hustler dealers and they can place an order for our muffler shield. It is an optional accessory for customers who need to stop frequently and would not be covered under warranty.

If you decide to purchase this optional accessory, remember to clean it often to prevent a build up of grass.

Thank you,
Tyler Brown
Excel Industries

If you need to locate a dealer - please use our locator at WWW.Hustlerturf.com"
[/COLOR][/U][/I][/I]

The Chairman

Threads
2 Phreakin Phunni! i don't have that issue and I stop for long periods, but I do idle it down.

Have_Blue

Threads
I've found the problem with mine isn't the muffler at all, but the hot air blast from the engine cooling fan. Slowing it down to idle helps a lot, but you can't get off the mower without disengaging the blade. Then, you pick up a small plastic toy and you have to re-engage the blade. Some of those toys come 12 to a set, so do a walk-around, I tell myself.

Kremeneon

Threads
I've found the problem with mine isn't the muffler at all, but the hot air blast from the engine cooling fan. Slowing it down to idle helps a lot, but you can't get off the mower without disengaging the blade. Then, you pick up a small plastic toy and you have to re-engage the blade. Some of those toys come 12 to a set, so do a walk-around, I tell myself.

Best accessory I've ever purchased for the ZTR:
32" EZ-Reacher grabber
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016P1VT2

Andercomm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi...I own a 2016 Raptor SD 60" (#933127) that is also burning my grass in spots from the muffler heat. I want to fix that issue.
I have tried to determine the correct Hustler Part Number for the Muffler Shield Kit from Hustler, my local dealer and other sources - but have been unsuccessful. Everyone says the part number is not listed on the official model diagram so they can't help.

Has anyone put a Muffler Shield on their Raptor SD 60" that can help me...?
☹