Rough start but then will run good

roro

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a snapper riding mower 12.5 hp intel engine. It will usually start on first pull but will run rough. After about 5 or 10 minutes running with me working the throttle it will pick up and run fine.New filter and carb. By the way it was doing this with old carb also. Any suggestions?

Mower King

Threads
I have a snapper riding mower 12.5 hp intel engine. It will usually start on first pull but will run rough. After about 5 or 10 minutes running with me working the throttle it will pick up and run fine.New filter and carb. By the way it was doing this with old carb also. Any suggestions?
Is it choking itself too much, then clearing out after awhile...is there blackish smoke coming out the exhaust until it starts running right?

roro

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't think so and there is no black smoke coming out of exhaust .......kinda sounds like.........BAM.....................bam bam..................BAM
till it starts running right

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
How old is the gas?

roro

Forum Newbie
Threads
fresh gas with stabil

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Change the spark plug
Sounds like it is fouling and shorting when cold then when it gets hot it is fine.

Mower King

Threads
I don't think so and there is no black smoke coming out of exhaust .......kinda sounds like.........BAM.....................bam bam..................BAM
till it starts running right
"Bam.....bam bam...........Bam"........that's a heck of an explanation of a sound......my Bam and your Bam can be TOTALY different so that's hard one !

roro

Forum Newbie
Threads
"Bam.....bam bam...........Bam"........that's a heck of an explanation of a sound......my Bam and your Bam can be TOTALY different so that's hard one !
lol well maybe it's a BONG!!!!!!!!!

roro

Forum Newbie
Threads
after starting and the engine is rough running I can engage the blade and it will start running fine!!!! what"s up with this?