Rough Rider

vangreenacres

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought my first new mower, a Z254F. Had a Z4822 that I bought used in 2012 that has served me well until this past summer. The new Z254F has to be the roughest ride I have ever experienced. I would be obliged to hear from anyone who has had experience in ride improvement for their Husqvarna rider. I have thus far lowered tire pressure to no avail. Input from anyone else with a solution to this similar experience would be welcome. Thanks.

Tiger Small Engine

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought my first new mower, a Z254F. Had a Z4822 that I bought used in 2012 that has served me well until this past summer. The new Z254F has to be the roughest ride I have ever experienced. I would be obliged to hear from anyone who has had experience in ride improvement for their Husqvarna rider. I have thus far lowered tire pressure to no avail. Input from anyone else with a solution to this similar experience would be welcome. Thanks.
Most zero turn mowers ride like a lumber wagon, rough as a corn cob. Best upgrade is a suspension seat. Always test a mower’s ride before buying.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mowers with bigger tires that are longer and wider ride better.

Honest Abe

Threads
Try inflating the tires to minimum psi, or maybe a couple pounds less...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When trucked tyres are over inflated so the mower does not wobble like a bowl of jelly ties come loose & the mower fall off the truck .
Double check the tyre pressure , usually 10-15 psi rear & 15-20 psi fronts .

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Consult your owners manual and inflate the tires to the minimum psi.

vangreenacres

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for advice from all who replied. In the meantime I got to looking at the seat suspension on my old Z4822 and discovered it actually had springs bolted onto the frame. I never had an issue with its ride so I removed them and transferred them to the new Z254F and tossed the new rubber baby buggy bumpers that came with the new machine. It made a world of difference and I see several other spring options online if I need to switch to something more comfortable. This is worth a try before going to a more expensive option. And, yes, I also dropped the tire air pressure. Thanks, everyone for the assist.

Attachments

• New Z254F.png
    New Z254F.png
    912.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Z4822.png
    Z4822.png
    1,001.9 KB · Views: 2