Right side Transmission not working

masiach

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was mowing yesterday with my Hustler Raptor SD 54" and all of a sudden the right Transmission went out. The left one still works so I can do circles. What would make one transmission stop working and the other one work fine? I replaced the drive belt a few weeks ago. Any suggestions would be great. thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, check to see if the belts have not jumped off a pulley. Wouldn’t be the first time a stick has gotten between the belt and pulley causing it to come off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also check the bypass ( push mode ) valve
These can suddenly open while mowing
If it is fine look at the shaft under the pulley on the right side ( not easy to do )
as the pulley is on a spline which can strip out.

Rare for a hydor to suddenly go from working to not working
I presume there is not a big puddle of oil under the right side.

Hustler27

Threads
Going out to do some work on the mower before the first mow soon. I noticed last year the right side had a little less power than the left so full forward on both drifted to the left. Both still work, but the left seems to work better. Suggestions for that?

Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your owners manual should tell you how to adjust the handles.

The Chairman

Threads
Mine started out just a bit slow. It turned out to be a leaking inner seal.

dbhenson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your owners manual should tell you how to adjust the handles.
Hi Rivets. I see you’ve posted quite a bit so I figure you’re truly trying to be helpful by saying “check the manual.” I have owned a Raptor for 2 years and have had ongoing issues with the sticks working out of alignment. The manual is somewhat helpful but it doesn’t clearly address wha5 to do when one side just feels looser than the other. Or when reverse doesn’t work properly. I would love to see someone post a practical how-to on steering adjustments. Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
DB, first if you would like help it would be best to start a new thread. Hyjacking another thread is frowned upon. Second, there are dozens of different stick designs and adjustments, so you need to include your units model and serial numbers so we can see exactly which model you have. Third, describe the exact problem and tell us what you and the shop have done to remedy this problem. Don’t know if we can be of some help, but will give it a try.