Riddle me this! Any ideas

dustrtin1975

Threads
Just because that was the only one your JD dealer had available, doesn’t mean it is the correct carb. You have a 16 year old unit and I’m willing to bet they never looked up which engine you have. They changed carbs in 2016. Look on your receipt or call the dealer for the carb number.
looking in to this now, with DEERE will be back, thank you

dustrtin1975

Threads
AUC11044 this is the JD part number that was used in the replacement and only briggs 594605 is offered for this engine on the parts breakdown from briggs, not sure if they are the same or not

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This is the Ruixing carb used on engines built after 2016 with a fuel pump.

This is the Nikki carb used on engines built before 2016 for gravity feed engines.

i know that is says the Nikki carb supersedes to the Ruixing carb, but my experience has shown me that they don’t often work like the engineers say they will. Pressure on the float needle is different, higher with a fuel pump, lower with gravity feed. Sounds like this may be your problem, but make sure you read my signature.

dustrtin1975

Threads
AUC11044 this is the JD part number that was used in the replacement and only briggs
This is the Ruixing carb used on engines built after 2016 with a fuel pump.

This is the Nikki carb used on engines built before 2016 for gravity feed engines.

i know that is says the Nikki carb supersedes to the Ruixing carb, but my experience has shown me that they don’t often work like the engineers say they will. Pressure on the float needle is different, higher with a fuel pump, lower with gravity feed. Sounds like this may be your problem, but make sure you read my signature.
so both have been superseded to 594605

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very hard to say what I would do because I can‘t see what you are dealing with. I’ll try to help, but will need answers so I can get a better picture. Please don’t be offended by the questions, but I have to ask. I’ll assume someone else did, but I may be wrong. From what you posted it does sound like you did the work. Do you have the original carb? I hope so. what was the name on that carb? If it was not returned to you, can you get it from the person who did the replacement. It should have been returned to you. What name is on the new carb? JD part number doesn’t tell me which carb they gave you. Does your engine have a fuel pump? Have you talked to the people who did the replacement? What do they say about your problem? What was the original problem before someone started throwing parts at it? All I can tell you right now, is that you have stuck big $$$ into this unit and it still is not right. I’m also wondering about the credibility of the persons selling the parts and doing the work. Looks to me like an inexperienced job was done from the onset.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Very hard to say what I would do because I can‘t see what you are dealing with. I’ll try to help, but will need answers so I can get a better picture. Please don’t be offended by the questions, but I have to ask. I’ll assume someone else did, but I may be wrong. From what you posted it does sound like you did the work. Do you have the original carb? I hope so. what was the name on that carb? If it was not returned to you, can you get it from the person who did the replacement. It should have been returned to you. What name is on the new carb? JD part number doesn’t tell me which carb they gave you. Does your engine have a fuel pump? Have you talked to the people who did the replacement? What do they say about your problem? What was the original problem before someone started throwing parts at it? All I can tell you right now, is that you have stuck big $$$ into this unit and it still is not right. I’m also wondering about the credibility of the persons selling the parts and doing the work. Looks to me like an inexperienced job was done from the onset.
Everything that Rivets said please read, think about it, and follow it. As far as the carburetor flooding, try pinching off the fuel line or installing a fuel shut off valve and momentarily slowing down the fuel flow. See if this has a positive affect on how engine is running.

dustrtin1975

Threads
well, i would be the person that has done all the work, and yeah i do admit throwing some parts at it, like the head, but the head was original and it had some issues so thats ok , it has a new head, but the original issue was as described , engine would be running, and after some time it would start to run as if you would take the throttle and move it into the choke position for a second or two, and bring it back to full throttle and it would do this until the engine flooded out completely to the point it would have gas pooled up in the throat of the intake ,
so i replaced the carburetor with , what JD had listed for the replacement, so here we are , its still having the same issue its possible i have the old carb, ill have a look and see if i can find it and come ack with a reply