Revs too high

Threads
All this time I thought you were working on a V twin... Hence my post on holding the ROUND throttle part on the control.... Oh well..

You sure do have a miss every now and then.... Put a load on it and see what it does....

hrdman2luv

Threads
All this time I thought you were working on a V twin... Hence my post on holding the ROUND throttle part on the control.... Oh well..

You sure do have a miss every now and then.... Put a load on it and see what it does....

When I put a load on it, it does the same thing as if it's just sitting there idling.

Tell me something, since the throttle plate doesn't move, when you throttle it up & down from the dash, then the ONLY thing it could be (since the throttle plate isn't stuck) is the govenor inside the sump. What could be wrong with that, to make it idle too high?

Note: The throttle plate isn't sticking, the arm from the govenor to the carb isn't rubbing on anything and the throttle cable is in connected property.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I took the sump off, and the governor was fine. It wasn't in it's correct spot. But that could've been from removing the sump. And tips on what to look for, before I put it back together?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just out of curiosity, ...... is your carb linkages installed correctly .. ?? just a thought ! this is my engines ( 17.5 Briggs Nikki carb )

DSCN1957.jpg..DSCN1958.jpg..DSCN1959.jpg..DSCN1960.jpg..DSCN1961.jpg..DSCN1962.jpg..DSCN2502 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2501 (Medium).jpg..DSCN1963.jpg..DSCN2503 (Medium).jpg

hrdman2luv

Threads
Seem's to me we thought it was a twin, now I see it's a single OHV eng. take a look at this manual, see SECTION 5 .. Pages 91 & 92
let's see if this is the problem .

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6NaqjIxWV1ybEN0LWo3azl6OUU/edit

I can't see anything that looks different. I took the governor out. It looks ok to me. Still in one piece. No pieces of anything in the engine. I reset the governor again, as all the diagrams and video's show to do.
But one thing still, that has to be part of the problem, when I move the throttle lever on the dash, it only moves the slide on the bracket that it connects to. It doesn't transfer that to the throttle plate on the carb. As seen in the video I posted.
Although, when I increase the throttle on the dash, it does throttle up and down. It's just way to high on both ends.

Threads
If you have the service manual it will tell you the top running RPM's to set it at... You will need a tach for that.......