Revive battery

cambre

Threads
Does pouring baking soda mixed with water (1 cup BS to a gallon of water) after pouring acid water out of battery clean the corrosion off the plates an revive the battery?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does pouring baking soda mixed with water (1 cup BS to a gallon of water) after pouring acid water out of battery clean the corrosion off the plates an revive the battery?

Acid is needed in a battery to cause the plates to charge, Baking soda neutralizes acid...so what do you think? I guess you could then flush with water and the put acid back.

There are videos on Youtube about reviving batteries with Epson salt, using distilled water.
many sellers on Ebay with battery restore solution...which I believe is the Epsom salt solution.

do a search there and see if you want to try it.

Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Acid is needed in a battery to cause the plates to charge, Baking soda neutralizes acid...so what do you think?

There are videos on Youtube about reviving batteries with Epson salt, using distilled water.
many sellers on Ebay with battery restore solution...which I believe is the Epsom salt solution.

do a search there and see if you want to try it.

For what a new battery cost why would you want to. I have seen them on sale for less then 20 dollars. Then you don't have to handle battery acid.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
For what a new battery cost why would you want to. I have seen them on sale for less then 20 dollars. Then you don't have to handle battery acid.

Your right about that...I put a battery in an MTD that took a small motorcycle battery you had to add the acid as it came dry.
I put on a pair of jeans a few days ago and it mysteriously had some holes in them...hummm
New jeans...$15 dollars

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
While not a rejuvenation the so called "smart" chargers can detect sulfation of battery cells and go into their "blaster" mode, cleaning some of the bad deposits. On my Schumacher you get a yellow warning light on the front of the charger and it begins its desulfation cycle which can last hours. Seems to work.

cambre

Threads

Just curious to see if it would work.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just curious to see if it would work.

If you do it just let us know how it works. Just what do you do with the old acid? or do you use it over? Just sounds like a big mess to me but then I don't even care about filling a new battery with acid.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Distilled water and Epson salt works. However you also need to clean it out and that's why buying a referb and selling your core is best. It's cheap and your doing the environment good.