resistor plugs or not

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
What are your thoughts on resistor vs non resistor plugs for mower engines?

None of mine have computers nor EFI. Not interested in "but non resistor plugs generate RFI". Not interested in locomotive engines or Ninja mixer engines either.

Can one plug or the other cause poor idling like issues? Running rough at low revs?

Guess the only way to tell is swap in a new plug and see how she runs. What do you guys think?

slomo

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A resistor plug will deliver a higher voltage to the plug gap than a non resistor so will be less likely to track down the side of the electrode
Resistor plugs put a greater load on the magneto
Makes 5/8 of SFA difference to mowers but a big difference to trimmers & chain saws cause the spark will be a poofteenth out of time if you use the wrong type of plug .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just don't live near me or I hunt you down like a varmint especially when you start interfering with my radio communications. I got enough problems with electric fences. I might even have to put the engine out of my misery.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just don't live near me or I hunt you down like a varmint especially when you start interfering with my radio communications. I got enough problems with electric fences. I might even have to put the engine out of my misery.
Put the CB mic down and enjoy life. Same with your facebook. I bet you watched Contact and bought a CB radio? Or the movie Convoy, breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9, anybody got a smokey report? LOL :D

slomo

olgeezershonda

Threads
What are your thoughts on resistor vs non resistor plugs for mower engines?

None of mine have computers nor EFI. Not interested in "but non resistor plugs generate RFI". Not interested in locomotive engines or Ninja mixer engines either.

Can one plug or the other cause poor idling like issues? Running rough at low revs?

Guess the only way to tell is swap in a new plug and see how she runs. What do you guys think?

slomo
Is the engine manufacturer's recommended spark plug hard to get? If not I'd just go with what's recommended. If its hard to get then go with the alternative.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put the CB mic down and enjoy life. Same with your facebook. I bet you watched Contact and bought a CB radio? Or the movie Convoy, breaker 1-9, breaker 1-9, anybody got a smokey report? LOL :D

slomo
Ain't you just a "good buddy".

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads

slomo
You lose that bet. I initially brought 11 meter rigs to communicate with my home but quickly found the range severely limited so I when on the 2 meters with a 100 mile range with the repeaters and auto patch.

Don't be insulting me...I am actually a General Class Amateur Radio operator studying for my Extra Class license. Shouldn't be too hard to pass it since they dropped the code requirement. You try listening to 10 meter CW at noise floor just to have some idiot with a illegal RF amp on 11 meter key the darn mike as they pass your station.

Yes I started out on 11 meters but I quickly more to the Amateur bands as soon as I passed 5 wpm Technician Class license requirement and a year later I passed the 13 wmp code test for my General Class license. We actually got a code ethics unlike the 11 meter bunch.

As for Facebook and Twitter I flat refuse to join those groups.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have a hard enough making to 13 but I do know can read faster than 20. They actually translate in their heads as if it was a second language. My hearing just will not let me get much above the 13 wpm even than I no longer write it down down long hand. My top translation is around 15 currently and getting rusty again have been on 80 or 40 meters in a few years as the antenna is still down since the move.

I was really surprised I knew what was sent as they want to see my notes and all I had wrote down was the highlights. It was strange I knew all the answers to the question about the QSO.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When i joined the army i went to military intelligence basic morse school. You got 13 weeks to be able to copy 18 WPM. Wash out rate was 50%. You sat 55 minutes per hour copying code 8 hours a day 5 days a week for 13 weeks. In my prime i could copy 22 WPM of canned code. But that was 40+ years ago.