Replacing broken Craftsman sockets

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mine are on racks as well. the handles are Orange & the other is Blue. I just like the wrenches & sockets having a bit of color also.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I work at an Ace Hardware and we have a lot of Milwaukee tools looks like Ace is switching to Milkwaukee tools. We still have some Craftsman but not as many as the Milwaukee.

Lawn Addict
Threads
The guy at our local Ace said same thing. Milwaukee is their biggest brand..
Then Craftsman, & Dewalt for power tools.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I work at an Ace Hardware and we have a lot of Milwaukee tools looks like Ace is switching to Milkwaukee tools. We still have some Craftsman but not as many as the Milwaukee.
a new Ace opened up close by and its almost all Milwaukee.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a lot of old Craftsman tools I bought right out of NADC. Still some of the best tools I have ever owned. They had the best rachets I ever used. The Milwaukee tools sure are bright and shiney.

gregjo1948

Threads
Just went today to Ace Hdwre. to replace some broken Craftsman sockets.. Mine are old & were made in USA.
Replacement is from china.

But was surprised ie: 10mm 6 point deep-well from Craftsman / china was visibly thicker walled construction.. Surprised.
They may be thicker, but what is the quality of the steal?

Ronni

Threads
It is thicker because it is made from a cheaper lower strength steel, not because it is better
Look at the premium snap ons and Sthalwilie spannars that are 1/2 the thickness because they are made from a much stronger steel .
I have been using sockets on autos for many years and have never broken a socket; impact sockets are for specific applications like wheels with an impact wrench only.