Replacement fuel tank, older Cub Cadet

JIshmael

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey everyone, first time ever posting here, looking for some help. I have an older Cub Cadet Commercial walk behind. Got it second hand from in laws a while back, and this year it looks like the fuel tank has a crack in it.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find a replacement for it, but after doing some digging, looks like the part# for the tank is 01008857.

According to a few sites, they all say this tank has been discontinued and there is no replacement for it, which I find hard to believe. Anyone here know otherwise, or a good place to look?

Thanks in advance.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take it off.
Clean t up really well then take it to a panel shop & get them to weld it for you
Most tanks a HDPE which welds very easily & well provided you have not tried to fix the leak with any elephant snot in a tube .
Most cloudy milk bottles are HDPE and that is what is use cut in strips for filling then a sheet over the top .
Hot air gun and a silicon roller

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
how about a photo of the tank including how it mounts

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hey everyone, first time ever posting here, looking for some help. I have an older Cub Cadet Commercial walk behind. Got it second hand from in laws a while back, and this year it looks like the fuel tank has a crack in it.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find a replacement for it, but after doing some digging, looks like the part# for the tank is 01008857.

According to a few sites, they all say this tank has been discontinued and there is no replacement for it, which I find hard to believe. Anyone here know otherwise, or a good place to look?

Thanks in advance.
Believe it as many tanks on equipment are becoming NLA. They want us to be replacing the whole machine. As Bert suggest get the tank welded by someone that knows what they are doing. Here the some of the metal Briggs tank are NLA which is killing a lot of equipment as the newer OHV engines just won't fit.

Charlie8d

Threads
Maybe you can rig up a tank supported by a cross brace on the handle.