Export thread

Replacement front tires, tire/wheel combo or tubes?

M

mikec35

I have a 10 year old RZ4219 and the smooth front tires won't hold air. They are a size 11x4.10-5. I see replacement tires and tubes in size 11x4.0-5. It's not quite the same size but close. Can I use the 4.0 tube instead of the 4.10 tube or should I just buy new tires or tire/wheel combos? The tires themselves are not dry rotted and I was hoping to just tube them to save some money but I can't find the exact tube size. Any suggestion what to get? Thanks

S

slomo

If the tires are now racing slicks, replace them. You will lose turning traction and so on especially on wet grass.

Yes replace with the same size as you have. Tires shops might have or can get you some tubes.

slomo

StarTech

StarTech

just make sure you get TR13 tubes and no TR87 or TR87P ones.

M

mikec35

The tires were slicks from the factory

Attachments

R

Rivets

Z-turns most often have slicks in front. 90% of the time I just tube them unless they are dry rotted.

B

bertsmobile1

FWIW I generally fit them with a standard ribbed front from a lawn tractor if there is one in that size
The rounder profile makes them a little skittish but my contractors love them and the deep treads do not pick up any where near as many thorns , nails & the like as the flat tyres do.

A

alpp

I have a 10 year old RZ4219 and the smooth front tires won't hold air. They are a size 11x4.10-5. I see replacement tires and tubes in size 11x4.0-5. It's not quite the same size but close. Can I use the 4.0 tube instead of the 4.10 tube or should I just buy new tires or tire/wheel combos? The tires themselves are not dry rotted and I was hoping to just tube them to save some money but I can't find the exact tube size. Any suggestion what to get? Thanks
I had similar problem, so I had them foamed. No more flats.

M

Mad_mat222

Clean up the beads. If there is any rust scale, grass or dirt etc can leak air. Also just make sure you don’t have any ding on rim that might leak. I run tyre goo in all my gear and don’t get leaks anymore. It’s good stuff. It will plug up most leaks and easy to add

M

mmoffitt

Any solid tire options available...take a look and see!

M

mmoffitt

Any solid tire options available...take a look and see!
I just did a search PLENTY!..I have a Hustler 4600 mower at work..Problems problems problems with rear wheels Flats ,uneven pressures...leaks, tire wear etc...replaced with solid assembelies NO MORE Problems!

E

efred

How about airless tires? There are a few manufacturers out there. One is called Amerityre, and they make a polyurethane tire that's supposed to hold up very well, and still fit on pneumatic wheels. They are kind of pricey, though, but you'll never have a flat front tire again.

M

mmoffitt

How about airless tires? There are a few manufacturers out there. One is called Amerityre, and they make a polyurethane tire that's supposed to hold up very well, and still fit on pneumatic wheels. They are kind of pricey, though, but you'll never have a flat front tire again.
they work great..have them on a hustler 4600

M

mikec35

Thanks for the replies. One of my tires is actually holding air. I think I’ll try some slime in the one that is leaking down and if that doesn’t work I’ll get some new tires or tire/wheel combos. I’ll just have to measure the axle shaft diameter and hub length.