Replacement front tires, tire/wheel combo or tubes?

mikec35

Threads
  • / Replacement front tires, tire/wheel combo or tubes?
I have a 10 year old RZ4219 and the smooth front tires won't hold air. They are a size 11x4.10-5. I see replacement tires and tubes in size 11x4.0-5. It's not quite the same size but close. Can I use the 4.0 tube instead of the 4.10 tube or should I just buy new tires or tire/wheel combos? The tires themselves are not dry rotted and I was hoping to just tube them to save some money but I can't find the exact tube size. Any suggestion what to get? Thanks

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the tires are now racing slicks, replace them. You will lose turning traction and so on especially on wet grass.

Yes replace with the same size as you have. Tires shops might have or can get you some tubes.

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
just make sure you get TR13 tubes and no TR87 or TR87P ones.

mikec35

Threads
The tires were slicks from the factory

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3869.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3869.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 4

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Z-turns most often have slicks in front. 90% of the time I just tube them unless they are dry rotted.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW I generally fit them with a standard ribbed front from a lawn tractor if there is one in that size
The rounder profile makes them a little skittish but my contractors love them and the deep treads do not pick up any where near as many thorns , nails & the like as the flat tyres do.

alpp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 10 year old RZ4219 and the smooth front tires won't hold air. They are a size 11x4.10-5. I see replacement tires and tubes in size 11x4.0-5. It's not quite the same size but close. Can I use the 4.0 tube instead of the 4.10 tube or should I just buy new tires or tire/wheel combos? The tires themselves are not dry rotted and I was hoping to just tube them to save some money but I can't find the exact tube size. Any suggestion what to get? Thanks
I had similar problem, so I had them foamed. No more flats.

Mad_mat222

Threads
Clean up the beads. If there is any rust scale, grass or dirt etc can leak air. Also just make sure you don’t have any ding on rim that might leak. I run tyre goo in all my gear and don’t get leaks anymore. It’s good stuff. It will plug up most leaks and easy to add

mmoffitt

Threads
Any solid tire options available...take a look and see!

mmoffitt

Threads
Any solid tire options available...take a look and see!
I just did a search PLENTY!..I have a Hustler 4600 mower at work..Problems problems problems with rear wheels Flats ,uneven pressures...leaks, tire wear etc...replaced with solid assembelies NO MORE Problems!