Replace needle and seat??

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yet I try to keep from lining those Chinese pockets anymore than I have to. Most carburetor are manufacture from stolen info and are of poor quality.

AChrome

Threads
Just blowing in without using a pressure gauge is just about as useful as tits on a boar hog. I use a tester and do a 30 min leak down to verify that the float needle valve and seat are sealing.
Tits on a Boar hog ARE useful. The more tits on him, the better chance the female offspring will have more tits, which equals a better chance of feeding a large litter. We raised hogs when I was growing up.

Gord Baker

Threads
Look at the replacement part. Probe the seat area gently with a #3 Crochet hook if it is a soft seat and note which way it goes in. Pull it out and replace. Use correct size drill bit, chuck end to press it gently into place.
If it is a metal seat, try to find a Viton tipped needle. Good Luck.

schreib69

Threads
Remove the carb, turn upside down and blow into the fuel port , if you can't blow through it the needle and seat are ok, When you turn it right side up you should be able to blow through it , this will eliminate the needle / seat or tell if they're bad
HEY! thanks, smart advice and yet, I NEVER really realized that.

Rls8836

Threads
If you can find it, a model number. IF it's a briggs and stratton, it will be stamped into the valve cover, if it's a predator or "Honda clone" motor, there should be some numbers stamped into the back of the block.
Sir is the back of the block considered at the rear where the muffler is?