Replace batteries for G1 Recharge Electric Riding mower.

jim_h

Threads
  • / Replace batteries for G1 Recharge Electric Riding mower.
The batteries from the G2 are 12v 85ah batteries and I have 6 batteries for sale locally if anyone is located in the west-suburban Chicagoland area?
The older set, from our original G2, is 3 years old with 2 mowing seasons of use on them
The newer set, from our replacement G2, is 1 year old with maybe two mowing cycles on them (about two hours total).
Both sets hold a full charge, which I happen to know from charging them both in my troubleshooting efforts trying to get the newer G2 going.
Thanks,
Jim

logistiker

Threads
I'd also like to find a source for replacing the blades. But again there are no specifics about the blades except for the photo. The G1 blades cost less, and I know that the G2 is a bigger mower so most likely the blades are not the same size.

If you can find them somewhere. You'll probably have to buy them used from someone who already has the tractor and is selling the parts. Unless your blades are extremely mangled, you just sharpen them or pay someone to sharpen them to make them last as long as possible.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are they different then a electric wheel chair battery?

RechargeMowee

Forum Newbie
Threads
I didn't realize that my post had gotten replies. Thank you and sorry for the delay in responding.
I think the batteries for the G2 are larger, at least is seems that way from the images and prices on the Recharge site. the Recharge site price is also $799 for the G2 and $399 for the G1.

The battery for the G1 is listed 2 different ways. In the manual is it listed as a 12V 55ah and on line in the parts sections it is pictured with 12V 38ah on the battery. Unfortunately it doesn't list the dimensions so I would need to take it all apart to measure the batteries. I have been researching online today again for possible replacements. From your reply I take it that one can replace the batteries with higher amp hours. I didn't realize that. That changes the possibilities for the better. I don't know what is actually in the mower (38ah or 55ah) since I haven't dismantled it yet and am waiting for the mowing season to be over. This year and last, I managed by using it 15 minutes at a time and recharging. When the mowing season is over I will take it apart so that I can measure the batteries. I've attached images supporting the battery information that I have from the Recharge site and the G1 manual (first time doing this, so hope I did it correctly). The thumbnails are showing the images as being the same in the preview, but they are actually 2 different images when you click on them.

I also just learned today what the terminals on my batteries are called, i.e., insert terminals, which according the images on the site are the same on both models.

View attachment 27328
View attachment 27327

I'd also like to find a source for replacing the blades. But again there are no specifics about the blades except for the photo. The G1 blades cost less, and I know that the G2 is a bigger mower so most likely the blades are not the same size.

So onward with the problem solving.
Thanks for your input.

Have you found a battery for your G1 mower? I also own a G1 mower and need to replace the battery. Any information would help. Thanks.