Repair wiring

cambre

Threads
I have a Craftsman ZTS 7500 with a Kohler 26 HP engine. The electric motor that raises and lowers the deck burnt up and fused the the wires in the wire harness. I am the only one that uses the mower so I wasn't to interested the rewiring the safety switches. I only wanted to start and stop it with the ignition switch. I did some rewiring and it starts and runs fine but I have to start it by jumping the terminals on the solenoid. I put on a new solenoid and relay but that didn't help. Can anyone help? Thanks

cambre

Threads
Post model number from under seat, also check seat safety switch & wiring for being pinched, crimped, or bare wires.

The model #107.287910 has been retired. The seat safety switch bypassed long ago. I did away with all safety switches. The PTO switch quit so I threw it away and replaced it with a toggle switch. No one uses mower but me. Don't cut much grass with it. Used mostly to tow utility wagon around property. Thanks for the help, you have helped fix other problems before mechanic mark.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you working on the engine starter or the motor that raises and lowers the deck?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
With out the wiring diagram I can only guess what you have. All mowers are wired different I will say the starter ignition switch has 5 wires going to it. One should be marked B, this one should have a positive power wire going to it. Maybe one is marked G and this one should go to a negative wire going to it. The one marked s to the small starter solenoid terminal. The one marked I to the coil primary wire. They may have your ignition switch marked different which I don't know without a wiring diagram. The manufactures change wiring from model to model and year to year??? Don't know if this helps or not.

cambre

Threads
With out the wiring diagram I can only guess what you have. All mowers are wired different I will say the starter ignition switch has 5 wires going to it. One should be marked B, this one should have a positive power wire going to it. Maybe one is marked G and this one should go to a negative wire going to it. The one marked s to the small starter solenoid terminal. The one marked I to the coil primary wire. They may have your ignition switch marked different which I don't know without a wiring diagram. The manufactures change wiring from model to model and year to year??? Don't know if this helps or not.

Thanks reynoldston: That will help a lot. You have also helped me in the past. Thanks again, Cambre