Export thread

Remington Arms = bankrupt

S

slomo

Thanks to the school shootings of humans by humans, Remington Arms is now gone.

Next lawsuit up is the kids wore Nike sneakers to the murder scene. Nike is fully responsible now.....

Kid had Hanes underwear on. Lawsuit on the way. Hanes is responsible.

Killer had an Apple cell phone on him. $$$$$$

Only in America.......

StarTech

StarTech

And they wonder why I call lawyer legal criminals.. They take about 1/3 of any settlement too. All you got to do is to be alive.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

will this affect their ammo production side of things?

B

bertsmobile1

Remmington is bankrupt, or rather declaired bankruptcy .
The factory & machines are still there & they will be making weapons & ammo again tomorrow.
So the management will do a buy out and tomorrow reopen as turn people into pet food , trading as Remmington Firearms .
Just the same as B & S was bankrupt .
It was a weird ruling, even by USA legal standing .
However these things happen all the time
The first time I was called upon to give expert testimony, the case failed because of political / humanitarian reasons.
A clutch company had drilled so many holes through a pressure plate to balance it, there was not enough metal left to take the load.
It collapsed at traffic lights, the truck lurched forward & ran over 5 people before the driver stopped it by turning the engine off .
My boss got me to testify because he knew the case would fail because the truck driver has sufficient insurance to cover the medical costs of the victims while the clutch repair shop did not .
The driver was one person who would be bankrupted where as the clutch shop employed dozens of people, mostly from a single family & the family were strong supporters of the current government .

NZ got victim insurance right .
You get money from the government insurance scheme from day one to cover all of your medical costs & living expenses .
The second you mount a legal case for compensation that stops & every cent paid out is added to your tax bill
Lawyers are not allowed to take cases on a no win no fee basis and pain & suffering are no longer a compensation item .

We on the other hand have gone down the USA path .
So now every night the TV is flooded with ambulance chasing lawyer advertising and slowly contributory negligence is vanishing , obviously Australians are becoming so stupid we can no longer protect ourselves from slippey floors

StarTech

StarTech

Remington Arms was broken up into several small fractions back in Sept 2020.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bankrupt-gun-maker-remington-outdoor-sold

B

bertsmobile1

So the law suit is a pyrrhic victory hat will now hang over the heads of every arms maker.
While I do support proper gun regulations, the idea of suing the manufacturer is silly & sets a very dangerous precedence and because Law is all about Precedence watch blade makers getting sue when idiots cut off their feet .

bkeller500

bkeller500

almost anything could be used as a weapon thus making any manufacturer liable for how their products are used or misused. ..........Personal responsibility is again further set aside.

StarTech

StarTech

Before I started working for myself I serviced equipment at the local courthouse. They make me leave my fold up box cutter at my lawyer office but would let me go in with those 1-1/2 ft long screw drivers and the large wrenches in my tool box [those 1 to 2 inch wrenches]. Just didn't make any sense as they were a lot more dangerous then the box cutter.

upupandaway

upupandaway

Remington Arms was broken up into several small fractions back in Sept 2020.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/bankrupt-gun-maker-remington-outdoor-sold
So in reality, Remington didn't settle. It was the lawyers\insurance companies representing Remington who settled.

B

bertsmobile1

almost anything could be used as a weapon thus making any manufacturer liable for how their products are used or misused. ..........Personal responsibility is again further set aside.
My take on this is the fake religosity which seems rampant in the USA
And to quite another American
"He made us to be all like him
So if we are dumb
Then God is dumb
And maby a little ugly on the side "

So nothing can ever be the responsibility of the idiot performing the stupid task or the law would have to recognise that people are really dumb.

Once again there was a massive attempt to have this song banned ,
I think the band was arrested several times when performing it
Truth hurts

Dumb All Over

S

STX-38-46

Now enter "Ghost Guns" into the picture... :unsure:...

N

Need2learn

Really you don’t understand what the parents of those kids had to go through first losing a child, then idiots saying they sacrifice their kids to get gun laws changed aka (infowars). I am so happy for them and these gun manufactories should be held accountable.

northcreeek262

northcreeek262

The only reason we need Lawyers is because there are Lawyers....

I

ILENGINE

Really you don’t understand what the parents of those kids had to go through first losing a child, then idiots saying they sacrifice their kids to get gun laws changed aka (infowars). I am so happy for them and these gun manufactories should be held accountable.
This case sets a perfect precedence to now sue car manufacturers because the driver killed somebody while driving intoxicated. or how about suing Apple because you slipped and hit your head on the tub while trying to answer a text message. I think you should be able to hold accountable any business for faulty manufacturing of their products including vaccine injuries, but in no way should a company be held liable for the actions of a third party.

StarTech

StarTech

Does that mean I can sue and win because I had a sore arm after getting the shots?

D

DK35vince

I guess Ford should be sued for this ???
According to your theory it must be Ford at fault here and not the driver ???
I fail to see any difference.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Of course, only gun makers have federal protection against litigation for damages. As a result, toy gun makers can be sued but not real gun makers. Remington was only able to be sued because of how they marketed their murder machines.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Thanks to the school shootings of humans by humans, Remington Arms is now gone.

Next lawsuit up is the kids wore Nike sneakers to the murder scene. Nike is fully responsible now.....

Kid had Hanes underwear on. Lawsuit on the way. Hanes is responsible.

Killer had an Apple cell phone on him. $$$$$$

Only in America.......
Last I heard no one murdered kids with their sneakers, underwear or cell phone.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

I guess Ford should be sued for this ???
According to your theory it must be Ford at fault here and not the driver ???
I fail to see any difference.
The difference is that cars aren't made for killing and guns are. And, please no talk on guns being used for hunting, target shooting, or protection. An AR-15 (the gun used at Sandy Hook) is a commercial version of a military weapon.

StarTech

StarTech

Those items can be MacGyvr into weapons. Just don't give anyone the ideas

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

And here we are........... again.

Hey, how 'bout them Bengals and Rams?
How's the weather?

I

ILENGINE

The difference is that cars aren't made for killing and guns are. And, please no talk on guns being used for hunting, target shooting, or protection. An AR-15 (the gun used at Sandy Hook) is a commercial version of a military weapon.
Actually the M-16 was the military adapted version of the AR-15 since the AR-15 came first and was then later redesigned for full auto for military use.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Those items can be MacGyvr into weapons. Just don't give anyone the ideas
20 kids and 6 adults would be alive today in Adam Lanza tried killing them with his underwear instead of a Bushmaster.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Actually the M-16 was the military adapted version of the AR-15 since the AR-15 came first and was then later redesigned for full auto for military use.
Armalite was a small arms manufacturing company. The AR-15 (ArmaLite AR-15) was a military weapon designed by Armalite for use by the US Army in the early 1960's. The M-16 is an automatic version of the AR-15. Both started as military weapons. Colt acquired Armalite and created the Bushmaster, an AR-15 style weapon. The AR-15 style rifle is the weapon of choice for mass-murderers because it can kill many adults and children quickly, similar but slightly slower than the M-16.

I

ILENGINE

Armalite was a small arms manufacturing company. The AR-15 (ArmaLite AR-15) was a military weapon designed by Armalite for use by the US Army in the early 1960's. Colt acquired Armalite and created the Bushmaster, an AR-15 style weapon. The AR-15 style rifle is the weapon of choice for mass-murderers because it can kill many adults and children quickly, similar but slightly slower than the military version.
Colt acquired the rights for the AR from Armalite which didn't purchase Armalite just the rights to the AR did it become a military version called the M-16.. And rifles make up a very small percentage of mass murder or otherwise statistics.
20 kids and 6 adults would be alive today in Adam Lanza tried killing them with his underwear instead of a Bushmaster.
And those kids would also still be alive if he hadn't killed his mother and then broke into the safe to get the rifle. So how many laws did he break before going to the school. Don't blame the tool, blame the idiot that pulled the trigger.

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

Colt acquired the rights for the AR from Armalite which didn't purchase Armalite just the rights to the AR did it become a military version called the M-16.. And rifles make up a very small percentage of mass murder or otherwise statistics.

And those kids would also still be alive if he hadn't killed his mother and then broke into the safe to get the rifle. So how many laws did he break before going to the school. Don't blame the tool, blame the idiot that pulled the trigger.
Saying a gun is a tool is like saying an M1 Abrams tank is a tool. Tools have a purpose, and an AR-15's purpose is multiple killing. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not anti-gun just like I'm not anti-tank. I just don't think an AR-15 or an Abrams tank belongs in my neighborhood.

S

SamB

Actually kids have been murdered BECAUSE of their shoes and/or cell phones. That should make Nike, Iphone, etc, ad nauseum liable for those killing. Maybe even Michael (Air) Jordan should be included in the suits.