Remington Arms = bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks to the school shootings of humans by humans, Remington Arms is now gone.

Next lawsuit up is the kids wore Nike sneakers to the murder scene. Nike is fully responsible now.....

Kid had Hanes underwear on. Lawsuit on the way. Hanes is responsible.

Killer had an Apple cell phone on him. $$$$$$

Only in America.......

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
will this affect their ammo production side of things?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remmington is bankrupt, or rather declaired bankruptcy .
The factory & machines are still there & they will be making weapons & ammo again tomorrow.
So the management will do a buy out and tomorrow reopen as turn people into pet food , trading as Remmington Firearms .
Just the same as B & S was bankrupt .
It was a weird ruling, even by USA legal standing .
However these things happen all the time
The first time I was called upon to give expert testimony, the case failed because of political / humanitarian reasons.
A clutch company had drilled so many holes through a pressure plate to balance it, there was not enough metal left to take the load.
It collapsed at traffic lights, the truck lurched forward & ran over 5 people before the driver stopped it by turning the engine off .
My boss got me to testify because he knew the case would fail because the truck driver has sufficient insurance to cover the medical costs of the victims while the clutch repair shop did not .
The driver was one person who would be bankrupted where as the clutch shop employed dozens of people, mostly from a single family & the family were strong supporters of the current government .

NZ got victim insurance right .
You get money from the government insurance scheme from day one to cover all of your medical costs & living expenses .
The second you mount a legal case for compensation that stops & every cent paid out is added to your tax bill
Lawyers are not allowed to take cases on a no win no fee basis and pain & suffering are no longer a compensation item .

We on the other hand have gone down the USA path .
So now every night the TV is flooded with ambulance chasing lawyer advertising and slowly contributory negligence is vanishing , obviously Australians are becoming so stupid we can no longer protect ourselves from slippey floors

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So the law suit is a pyrrhic victory hat will now hang over the heads of every arms maker.
While I do support proper gun regulations, the idea of suing the manufacturer is silly & sets a very dangerous precedence and because Law is all about Precedence watch blade makers getting sue when idiots cut off their feet .

bkeller500

Threads
almost anything could be used as a weapon thus making any manufacturer liable for how their products are used or misused. ..........Personal responsibility is again further set aside.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Before I started working for myself I serviced equipment at the local courthouse. They make me leave my fold up box cutter at my lawyer office but would let me go in with those 1-1/2 ft long screw drivers and the large wrenches in my tool box [those 1 to 2 inch wrenches]. Just didn't make any sense as they were a lot more dangerous then the box cutter.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
almost anything could be used as a weapon thus making any manufacturer liable for how their products are used or misused. ..........Personal responsibility is again further set aside.
My take on this is the fake religosity which seems rampant in the USA
And to quite another American
"He made us to be all like him
So if we are dumb
Then God is dumb
And maby a little ugly on the side "

So nothing can ever be the responsibility of the idiot performing the stupid task or the law would have to recognise that people are really dumb.

Once again there was a massive attempt to have this song banned ,
I think the band was arrested several times when performing it
Truth hurts

Dumb All Over

Status
Not open for further replies.