Recharge Mower 20" lithium

allanh2

Forum Newbie
I wanted to tell you about this Recharge Mower 20" Lithium. This mower has fabulous power. I can easily compare this to a gas powered mower...it has that much cutting power. 36v 10.5Ah it rocks. Voltage is one thing but Amps makes a battery mower and this has it.
 
Is this the same type battery that was catching on fire in the airplanes? Is there going to be a problem with them at ground level?
 
Early lithium batteries contained metallic lithium, which is highly flammable, however the lithium ion batteries in use today do not. You may remember when some laptop computers caught fire due to their lithium batteries, but this is no longer a problem. So, I wouldn't worry about the lawn mower battery catching fire. However, they must not be overcharged or they can become extremely hot, which could result in a fire, which is why they all use smart chargers that will sense battery heat and stop charging if they get too hot.
 
Back
Top