Real pain in the Butt

Roy purtell

Threads
This engine has given me trouble for years. Its a Neighbors mower. Iv'e taken the carb off and apart to clean it twice. Both times it runs better for a few months. I'm only buying a few gallons of 87 normal gas at a time. After this time Ive had it with this piece of Shi$. Iv'e ordered a new carb..hope that helps..When it's cold I can start with the elec start in just a few cranks, when it's warm most of the time it won's start with the elec start, I have to pull the cord, then it starts. Can anyone come up with a solution what is wrong with this engine. It's on a toro recycler mower which I love the cut, but hate the engine.

I think I've also found that it starts electrically if the battery is fully charged then if it's been used several times to start engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0768.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    791.6 KB · Views: 19

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Does it have the Automatic Choke (auto-choke) set up? or do you press a primer bulb?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Toro have all of their service manuals and parts books on line for free
So go there and drop your model number in and get the service manual
It does sound like an auto choke problem
It could also be a fuel supply problem

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those mowers are noted for your problem. At eight years old it was the first year Toro started using the Loncin engine on their mowers. One of the things I’ve found helps is setting the float level a little rich. Second you most make sure that the idle jet (located under the false idle speed screw) is on plugged even a little. This jet will plug when fuel is allowed to sit ing the carb during the off season.

Roy purtell

Threads
Those mowers are noted for your problem. At eight years old it was the first year Toro started using the Loncin engine on their mowers. One of the things I’ve found helps is setting the float level a little rich. Second you most make sure that the idle jet (located under the false idle speed screw) is on plugged even a little. This jet will plug when fuel is allowed to sit ing the carb during the off season.
How would I make float level a little richer Iv noticed that there’s no inline fuel filter Would there be a filter inside the fuel tank or should I add my own filter

Roy purtell

Threads
Toro have all of their service manuals and parts books on line for free
So go there and drop your model number in and get the service manual
It does sound like an auto choke problem
It could also be a fuel supply problem
Yes I’ve gotten them But don’t answer how to correct a problem According to them there’s never any problems ??

Mower King

Threads
Is the auto choke an...air vain style or a clock spring style?