Raptor SD Won't Go Full Speed

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Add a second for reaction time ( well subtract really ) and you get a really different result.
You really need to do this over a longer distance to get an accurate or meaning full results.
Perhaps rent a set of timing traps.

mhavanti

Threads
If you are at WOT when you cross the start line, start the stop watch or cell phone stop watch, hitting the stop switch on the stop watch at the 100 feet, you'll have a constant regardless of distance.

The constant never changes for static speed. No chance to be concerned by tail wind, nose wind, etc and do this on level ground, you'll not have to worry about gaining or losing speed.

Building traps if someone would like is a fairly easy project.

577jersey

Threads
Does the constant always stay the same number?

Sorry,,I shut off on math back in 5th grade,,was too busy looking out the window at motorcycles,cars,and planes.

True story.

Tom

BoylermanCT

Threads
The challenge is trying to hit the start and stop button on the cell phone exactly when you cross the start and stop lines without dropping the phone and keeping the control arms all the way forward and making minor adjustments to keep the RSD going straight! I need two more hands!

Mowed today after the dealer adjusted the top speed, and I was able to mow at full speed in most places, obviously slowing down for turns. Hmmm, mybe I should have upgraded to the Super Z or Hyperdrive which mow at 14 and 16 mph! Would be fun to demo one!

mhavanti

Threads
Boyle,

I can operate my RSD60 with one hand. Just grip the two sticks in one hand and off you go.

You can also have someone operate the timer or put down a pressure pad on each end to run over. You could call them traps if they were electronic. Attach them to a digital time piece and it is then a trap. Use a garage door opener light on each end and then you do have a perfect set of traps.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Boyle,

I can operate my RSD60 with one hand. Just grip the two sticks in one hand and off you go.

Ditto, I have to mow one hand in a few spots at my place, when I hold up tree branches etc.

577jersey

Threads
Add a second for reaction time ( well subtract really ) and you get a really different result.
You really need to do this over a longer distance to get an accurate or meaning full results.
Perhaps rent a set of timing traps.
Why not just mark out the run with lines then hit the stop watch while rolling at full speed over the start line that way we dont have to account for the lag of starting and stopping.

mhavanti

Threads
Tom,

That's what you do. It isn't a drag race, it is simply a "flying mile" to find static speed across a given distance to attain WOT top end speed.

Lets hear from all you Hustlermaniacs out there. What is the hustle on your Hustler?

mhavanti

Threads
McChong,

What does your sales advertisement have to do with a lawnmower forum? I hate to say this, I don't find it acceptable at all.

577jersey

Threads
McChong,

What does your sales advertisement have to do with a lawnmower forum? I hate to say this, I don't find it acceptable at all.
If I was a mod here I would pull the plug on that guy.