Raptor SD 54 inch drive belt keeps coming off

The Chairman

Threads
Fan blades are cheap. You'll have to drop the transaxles, but those are just a few bolts. I finally went to a one inch shorter fractional power belt out of Kevlar. It's lasted the longest and has yet to jump the pulley. That was a Gates 6850 instead of the 6851. It's a tad bit harder to thread on, but has the same tension.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So, I checked the bolts, everything is find for mine, but this fan just sits on the belt and knocks it off immediately once i start it. Can anyone tell me what’s going on? Nothing is bent or missing.
If the fan is loose then it is broken
It should fixed to the pulley
hey are not all that strong.
PIA to replace cause you need to drop the tranny unless you are double jointed

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The fan needs replacing. It has deformed from extreme heat and air pressure, then the normal cooling effect sets it before it could droop back down; just keeps getting worst until it starts hitting things. I replace several of these fans on the Raptors as they either get in the belt path or start hitting the frame both of which causes the belt to break or come off, most times it is breaking belts.

Craptor Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well duh, my deck came off and into the ground too. Spring time. That's why I have suspension bolts double nutted now.
If you read my post carefully, it's 2nd Hustler I have and that's how they are made, apparently. We got what we paid for. I am all for fixing it and ridding of it and finding something more reliable. Figure, ways of Husqvarna about the only choice. What gets me is my 2005 42 inch Craftsman riding mower keeps chugging along like it is not 13 years old.
I'll follow after I check on transaxles suspension. Also, I start thinking about adding L shaped brackets to prevent belt from flopping down onto cooling fans. Possibly even re routing tensioner spring, as should you pay attention to its direction, it forces tensioner roller into the main drive pulley. I already tried forcing and locking it in more tension position, but that resulted in belt friction noise. Had to back it up some.
Hmm.. Maybe even adding a second tensioner roller on that long loose belt run....
And by the way. Replacing that belt is PAIN, as you have to remove main belt. Then try putting its tensioner back on!! I had to winch it on.
We still have the old LT1000 Craftsman and I am happy not to have traded it of when the Raptor 54sd was purchased. Other than a drive and deck belt no issues. Even spindles are original.
Check your battery tray also. They have issues with cracking and apparently provide support to the frame as well. Until someone is seriously hurt when the mower fails Hustler will continue to build these crappy manufactured frame mowers. Looked at a new raptor yesterday and no updates or corrections to the issues most of see have been addressed. Back to the dealer for round 5 this week. Broken battery tray and crossmener under the seat is cracked. All bolt tight. Wth

Craptor Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Biting into paint? Is that a Mercedes or Jaguar or Lexus to be worried about this? Paint is peeling off Hustler decks like wet leaf off butt, when it dries. Rock chips all over everywhere. Why would I be worried with a small paint nick that no one will see anyway? As it's under the deck/frame? Heck, if that's concern, place flat washer over locking washer, to save paint. Will still hold nut or bolt head in place.
The bolt and nut set up from the factory has a self locking design that digs in past the paint anyway. The ridges under the bolt head flange and on the nut cut in to the metal.

Jwroberts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have repaired several axle mount issues on the raptors and the SD models. 60 inch SD had to go as far as making new twice as thick angle brackets. Materials are to thin for the stress they are subjected to. Definitely use grade 8 bolts.

Craptor Owner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have repaired several axle mount issues on the raptors and the SD models. 60 inch SD had to go as far as making new twice as thick angle brackets. Materials are to thin for the stress they are subjected to. Definitely use grade 8 bolts.
The supposed new brackets I received looked just like the old brackets.Headed to the dealer next week for more repairs related to the frame cracked and broken along with the gas tank side fender. Bought a 125 Kubota today so my headache is soon to be over. After warranty work it will sit at the dealers under consignment. Dealer was not interested in trading the unit towards new Kubota.

Richard king

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum but found it trying to find any solution to my problem.
I have a Raptor SD that is about 6 months old with 50 hours on it.
Last week my drive belt came off. On close inspection realized the bolt that holds the transmission to the frame had come off on the left side and the right side lock nut was loose as well. It happened when I was going down a slope and I assume when that bolt came off it allowed the fan to hit the belt to pop it off.
I replaced the left bolt, tightened the right bolt and all was well until I was almost done with my 4 acres yesterday and the belt popped off again on a slope but the bolts were secure.
I am wondering that belt hitting the plastic fan blade (it has some nicks on it) is now messed up the fan blade making it too close to the belt.
I plan on hauling it back to the dealer at the end of the week for them to fix it but I am wondering have other owners had this issue and is the only solution to constantly monitor the bolts and nuts?

Thanks
Transmission cross brase is to weak on Hustler Raptor 54 inch SD model that i bought 2yrs ago. 100 hrs on it and it keeps losing drive belt dealer told me they fixed problem cracked where transmissions bolt on. Tomorrow will be 4th trip to dealer with this same problem.

Mower King

Threads
Transmission cross brase is to weak on Hustler Raptor 54 inch SD model that i bought 2yrs ago. 100 hrs on it and it keeps losing drive belt dealer told me they fixed problem cracked where transmissions bolt on. Tomorrow will be 4th trip to dealer with this same problem.
Yes, the O.E.M. crossbrace is thin and weak. They have an improved crossbrace that is thicker and a lot better. Get one of them, use grade 8 bolts with plasti-lock nuts and use blue Loctite also. Also check the front and rear trans brackets that bolt to the frame, they break the ears off that the trans mounts too, often also.