Questions on mini bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh motor

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Questions on mini bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh motor
I’m guessing this guy is so confused he’s not coming back.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was digging that adjustable mixture carb needle. Manual chokes..... Those were the days.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've got a feeling the tank rusted out and at some point, some one attempted to, or did, mount a regular carburetor to the engine directly.
It is a mini-bike that some 14 year old tinkered with to go as fast as he/she could. There is little chance it has original parts in it.

Jim K.

Threads
First you have a Briggs and Stratton engine, not a Tecumseh built in 1975. Model number 130292-0159-06-75080807. Here is a website to help you find parts and part numbers.
Thank you for the information on the mini bike

Jim K.

Threads
Thank you for the information on the mini bike
I have a question, what makes you say it's a Briggs & Stratton engine I was going to take the motor back off the bike and use paint remover and see i I can get paint off the bike and the motor the motor was also spray painted then maybe I can find Numbers on them

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please explain yourself, as we really have no clue what you have. A Briggs or Tecumseh engine? A Briggs carb on a Tecumseh engine? A Briggs gravity feed carb on an engine designed for a VacuJet or PulsaJet carb? What you have posted so far doesn’t make a lot of sense to a trained tech.

Jim K.

Threads
First you have a Briggs and Stratton engine, not a Tecumseh built in 1975. Model number 130292-0159-06-75080807. Here is a website to help you find parts and part numbers.
I have been looking at pictures of mini bikes and this one I have looks exactly like a 1971 Speedway

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are talking mini bikes, but we are talking engines, as that is what you gave us information on. We’ve received no information mini bikes, and your questions are about fuel delivery systems. Again I say “You’re not making any sense”.

Jim K.

Threads
Please explain yourself, as we really have no clue what you have. A Briggs or Tecumseh engine? A Briggs carb on a Tecumseh engine? A Briggs gravity feed carb on an engine designed for a VacuJet or PulsaJet carb? What you have posted so far doesn’t make a lot of sense to a trained tech.
I am very sorry for the mixed up information I have posted so far I was just putting in what I know so far so I am going to take motor back off and see if I can paint off then I will let you know what I find please be patient with me give me just a little time and I will let you know

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have a question, what makes you say it's a Briggs & Stratton engine I was going to take the motor back off the bike and use paint remover and see i I can get paint off the bike and the motor the motor was also spray painted then maybe I can find Numbers on them
The numbers you supplied match a briggs and stratton engine model number