Questions on mini bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh motor

Jim K.

Threads
I have this mini bike that has very little information that I can find on it it was completely apart when I got it I think I have most of the parts for it to put back on I would like to know what kind of bike it is who made it what year and so on so I can get parts for it . I know that the motor is a 5 HP Tecumseh I but I have looked and I can't find any info on the motor I looked under all the covers I need a carburetor for it and the only info I see on the carb that is on it now is the letters LME and the number 271 on one side and the number 50 on the opposite side of the carburetor I'd like to know how many cc's this bike is in order for me to know what carburetor to get for it and other parts how can I tell some say that people that knows what these bikes look like if I send a picture they could tell me what bike it is and the CC's and all that is that possible the bike was completely painted over so maybe their information was painted over but I can't find very little information about it if someone could help me out I would appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_20220828_164823.jpg
    IMG_20220828_164823.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220828_164658.jpg
    IMG_20220828_164658.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 6

Jim K.

Threads
This is the mini bike and the 5 HP motor

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look very, very carefully on the shroud, either area closest to the spart plug, or on the up right side of the shroud. The older Tecumseh engines had their numbers stamped in these two places. Might need an old toothbrush and toothpaste to get through the corrosion.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
you could also remove the shroud and look on the inside for the raised portion of the stamping to help you identify where the numbers are located.

Jim K.

Threads
I have a little more information on this mini thanks to some tips some nice people sent I found a number on the rope pull housing cover when I looked at it with a magnifying glass it looks like it is, ( 13029201590675080807 ) I am not absolutely sure that the last three zeros are zeros they could be a g or 6 or c it's hard to tell but would this tell me what kind of motor it is how many cc's it is if I try to look it up
This is the mini bike and the 5 HP motor

Jim K.

Threads
I am having trouble trying to send pics of the mini bike it may take me a while but I get the pics on here please have patience with this old man I didn't have computer in high school and it took me a long time to learn how to do all this stuff but I'm getting there

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First you have a Briggs and Stratton engine, not a Tecumseh built in 1975. Model number 130292-0159-06-75080807. Here is a website to help you find parts and part numbers.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well now I am confused. First the Op posted he had a Walbro LME-50 that is mounted on it and now with the last number he has a tank mounted carburetor setup.

Upload the images to image hosting and reduce them to 600 x 600 dpi and they then will load here via a link.

It appears you engine parts from at two different engines.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Well now I am confused. First the Op posted he had a Walbro LME-50 that is mounted on it and now with the last number he has a tank mounted carburetor setup.

Upload the images to image hosting and reduce them to 600 x 600 dpi and they then will load here via a link.

It appears you engine parts from at two different engines.
I've got a feeling the tank rusted out and at some point, some one attempted to, or did, mount a regular carburetor to the engine directly.