Questions on mini bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh motor

Jim K.

Threads
  • / Questions on mini bike with a 5 HP Tecumseh motor
You are talking mini bikes, but we are talking engines, as that is what you gave us information on. We’ve received no information mini bikes, and your questions are about fuel delivery systems. Again I say “You’re not making any sense”.
I am trying to send a picture of the mini bike with the motor on it so everyone may have a better idea of what I am trying to find out but my phone on Google says the picture is too large so I am trying to get around that and get the pics on here

Jim K.

Threads
I’m guessing this guy is so confused he’s not coming back.
No I am just old and not very fast plus I don't know much about all this electric stuff like sending a picture on here but if u 🐻 with me I will get her done plus I get a little busy sometimes around here

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
No I am just old and not very fast plus I don't know much about all this electric stuff like sending a picture on here but if u 🐻 with me I will get her done plus I get a little busy sometimes around here
You know what you want. And we know how frustrating it can be trying to upload photos without the right application. What is making this thread harder for everyone is that you likely have an engine that is old and has been tampered with, perhaps many times. I remember the neighbor hood kids who swapped parts around on their minibikes hoping to go faster. The parts that are on it may not even be the parts that came with it. We can't control that, or the condition they are in. Lots of times on old engines some of us may have to spend more time looking for an old part than putting it on. A no sometimes doesn't mean someone doesn't want to help, it can mean, "No on that, but I wish we had an easy solution for you. We would if we could."

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m on the north side of 70 myself, so I know that these things can get confusing. The other problem we have, besides miscommunication, is we are thousand miles apart and can’t see what you are talking about. Let’s start with a few simple questions and take your concerns one step at a time. Please answer these question and with that info we can make a decision as to how to proceed.
1. Do you want help with getting the mini bike going, the engine running or both? If it is both we need to decide which one to tackle first and put the other on the back burner until the first is solved.
2. How much mechanical experience do you have? We need to know this so our answers are not more confusing to you and we eliminate as much miscommunication as possible. You must answer our questions with short simple answers, don’t add information you think we need. At times like this more info than needed can make things confusing on both sides.
3. If you have other questions, add them at the very end of your reply only. Never answer a question with a question, unless you don’t understand the question. I know that this may take longer to resolve the problem, but it makes everything a lot easier.
4. If you have a grandchild or trusted friend to teach you how to down size your pictures it would be very helpful. Remember what we learned decades ago. “Asking a stupid question makes us look smarter than making a dumb mistake “. At our age patience is our friend.