Questions on Husky weights

metz12

Threads
you dont need to keep the front down. the weight of the engine and the plow will be enough weight. unless your plowing up steep inclines. i made a weight box for less then 5 bucks for my craftsman. its not hard. if i were you i would make something low like on the backing plate of the transaxle.

chobbs1957

Threads
you dont need to keep the front down. the weight of the engine and the plow will be enough weight. unless your plowing up steep inclines. i made a weight box for less then 5 bucks for my craftsman. its not hard. if i were you i would make something low like on the backing plate of the transaxle.

Not gonna be a plow or snow blower, as I'm in South Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are talking about water in the rear tires. 8 lbs. to 1 gallon of water Just how much water can you put in a tire and how do you install the water?

metz12

Threads
oh yeah i mixed this one up with another thread:laughing: and weight and plowing come into the same subject usuallly! sorry! but like i said, a weight box down on that backing plate would be your best bet so all of your weight isnt at the top if your mowing.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you took your tires to a dealer that sells large farm tractors they should be able to fill them with calcium chloride. You will find most farm tractors are filled with this.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are talking about water in the rear tires. 8 lbs. to 1 gallon of water Just how much water can you put in a tire and how do you install the water?

You can buy a fitting goes on a garden hose and put it on the valve stem just as you was putting air in.

Turn the tire so the valve is at the top add water until it is full. Then add air to the psi you want.

At 3 gallons per tire on most riding mowers you will notice a difference.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can buy a fitting goes on a garden hose and put it on the valve stem just as you was putting air in.

Turn the tire so the valve is at the top add water until it is full. Then add air to the psi you want.

This is right apart from you take out the valve, then fill with water, then refit valve, add air to right PSI.

chobbs1957

Threads

If my calculations are correct, each rear tire has ~7.2 gallon capacity. I may target ~ your 3 gallons; @ 8.6 lb per gallon, I'll end up with 50 lbs down there.

Or I may mount weight on the rear since that is what they want....

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is right apart from you take out the valve, then fill with water, then refit valve, add air to right PSI.

Looks like I forgot that step. Guess they would figure that out when the water sprayed back at them.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the tool to put water in tires.

image-2647481589.jpg