Question. What does it take to convert a gas mower to a self charging electric mower?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Question. What does it take to convert a gas mower to a self charging electric mower?
What does it take to convert a gas riding mower to an electric self charging mower? Have watched a few bideos.
I tried a bidet when were at the Hotel Paris in Moarte-Carlo, oh you said bideo. No idea what that is but electric mowers are a freaking joke. Gavin is probably laughing his ass off riding around on his ICE mowers while he tells the rest of us to use EV while the grid is down due to lack of electricity. When he took office he was running around crying and telling everyone about his pet ferret that died - no one but him in the state was allowed to own one. Isn't it nice how being an elite allows special rules.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Question. What does it take to convert a gas mower to a self charging electric mower?
wasn't elected, they stole the election.
You need to have a long holiday down here that spans an election so you can see & hopefully appreciate what a genuinely free & fair election looks like and in particular how various groups vote
Pre-polling always favours the conservatives because their voter base is executives & small business people who can not afford the time to cue for 1/2 hour ( or more ) at a polling booth on polling day or they are unprosecuted white collar criminals and petrified the people they scammed might have a go at them .
Polling day numbers usually reflect the demographics of the particular booths.
Postal votes massivly favour the left because those who are too old, frail or poor to get to a booth, tend to be claiming a social security benefit and thus mostly vote for the party that does not treat them as criminals and perpetually threaten to cut off benefits .
Thus when the poll is knife edge 50:50 the postal votes always determine the outcome
It has happened at all 18 of the federal elections I have participated in so the US results were no surprise to me they went almost exactly as most Aust observers predicted, except the Murdoch media which predicted a Trump landside as prince Rupet had instructed them to .
And of those 18 elections the Labour party ( similar to Democrats ) 8 of them had the Labour party getting 70% of the vote , but loosing because they did not get a majority of the seats .
However in every case the looser was a much better man than Mr Trump & accepted that they lost ( Prime minister Abbott being the sole exception ) and became an effective opposition leader .
Of course none of them were facing multiple criminal charges from their business dealings and hoping that when they got into office they could change the laws to protect themselves as is the case with Mr Trump, even more so because in OZ a prime minister can not overturn a legal verdict and free criminals that are likely to provide support to them in the future or as pay back because they were doing the politicians dirty work for them as seems to happen regularly in the USA .
The other big difference is we have compulsory voting so no one can "manufacture" votes because the independent electorial commission will call a fresh pole if the number of votes casts exceeds the number of voters registered

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert, There will always be those that can't accept the results of anything if it is not to their liking. I have been a registered voter since high school. Most times my vote get cancelled out by someone voting differently. It take reasonable person to understand that this happens.

I only had one politician that got voted into office to do what he said he would do. And it made our whole district better place to live as things actually got done.

But some will argue the point way beyond reason as they would rather believe lies than the truth. They are just sore losers. It is like men that beat their wives because the woman said no to having sex when he demanded it. They just can't accept it that they were told no.

BTW Donald J Trump didn't get where he is now by telling the truth or being a honest person. He has cheated numerous people over the years. He think he can do this and get forgiven for the repeat evil doings by the Catholic ministers every Sunday. And there are people that just go to church to cover up what they do during the week. And there those just use religion as a way to make money by cheating the public. I remember one church here that get what they wanted in offering one Sunday so they locked the doors and pass the plate around until they got what they wanted.

And it like the old joke of "How you tell when a politician is lying? You see his/her lips moving." Most of the time it is true too. And lawyers are just as bad.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
wasn't elected, they stole the election.
And you need to go live in a place like Russia where you voting doesn't matter at all as it is overridden by those in office. We don't always get our way as majority rules here, not some dictator.

This election cycle we will see more voters voting due the way things has gone in the courts and the economy. It not fraud it just the voters are motivated to get out and actually vote. And probably will be the same in 2024 when it comes the presidential election. It was bad enough that we had armed law enforcement guarding the polling site last time because the threats by Trump supporters. That was the first in my 40yrs of voting I ever seen that.

BTW Donald was pushing the big election lie before he was even elected as he knew he couldn't win without lying thru his teeth so he start brainwashing the public right off the bat.

Things don't always go your way and you must accept it or you will become a very bitter person.

That like my neighbor that still believes I shot the side of his house with a 12ga shotgun that I keep loaded with turkey shot just because his wife said so. Well if I did there be lots of holes in the vinyl siding especially at 100 ft., more likely one heck of large hole. Until he and his wife apologies to me for this lie, he and his family can just stay on their side and leave me alone.

upupandaway

Threads
Isn't California banning all petrol powered outdoor equipment
Surely that means you will have to replace your petrol powered generator with a battery powered one. :devilish:

How is cali going to enforce this? I mean can my brother smuggle a gas mower and use it and say it is old if he gets harassed? (That's what I would do)

1saxman

Threads
The way I read it, you want to use the gas engine to run a generator to charge the battery to drive the mower with an electric motor. I guess I have it all wrong, at least I hope so. :)

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have been thinking about this. Maybe a winch and an 00 gauge wire that will spool out 1500'. Add a 240V motor and you are good to go. just winch the line out as you mow further and winch it in as you return to the barn. Make sure you have a spool mounted that will hold the line.

Last edited:

upupandaway

Threads
The way I read it, you want to use the gas engine to run a generator to charge the battery to drive the mower with an electric motor. I guess I have it all wrong, at least I hope so. :)
They are fine with that - just so long as they don't see the generator, like the powerplant burning fuel that they usually charge their car from.....