Putting in a new shed, Need Foundation

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess I don't understand what you are asking here. Are you going to build a proper foundation in the ground or just set the building on the ground with blocks under it? Where I live we have zooning laws for any building which needs a building permit and the town inspects the job after its done. You are the only person to know what you want, need or allowed ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes I do. Why?

I was just curious because every thing we put up like sheds or putting in foundations always effects are taxes and you have to have building permits for anything you build.

BWH

Threads
Inspection is not needed. Even if I pour footings the inspection isnt needed.

But I think this is the route I'm going. How to Build a Post & Beam Shed Foundation on a Slope - One Project Closer

You will like the wood floor over a cement floor in the spring when the frost comes out and the cement floor gets wet, it can cause rust/corrosion on all your metal objects in the building including tools. In farming communities around here the old farms from the early 1900's used raised wood floors as to not get their harvested grains wet and ruined.

hurst1979olds

Threads
Well, I'm going to be putting in 6 footings. I will brace it with 2x6. Kind of building it like a platform. I will put crushed stone on the bottom for drainage. The shed will be 20" off the ground on one side, and the other side will be close to ground level. Should get some good airflow underneath it so it will stay dry in there as well.

hurst1979olds

Threads
I was just curious because every thing we put up like sheds or putting in foundations always effects are taxes and you have to have building permits for anything you build.

Building inspector said its not necessary under a certain square footage. If i had electric ran to it id need it inspected, then he said he'd only be looking at the electric. I'm only allowed 1 building on the property. But it doesnt affect my taxes.

boxer259

Forum Newbie
Threads
form the base of the shed you are building with true railroad ties on the ground level them and secure them with galv clot nails or timber screws.
put heavy plastic inside base,build your shed.