purtell11 new member

purtell11

Forum Newbie
Just joined and am trying to get my
granddaughter's Sears Craftsman LT200o riding mower going. I can start it by giving it a shot of start fluid, but it may last for 10 seconds or 10 minutes then dies. It did this prior to replacing the carb. I had access to new carb so I put it on. Checked the power to the electric cutoff on the float bowl and it works fine.
changed fuel , checked fuel lines and looked at fuel filter. The filter looked ok, but I don't know if it is for a non fuel pump system or not.
fuel will run out slowly when I disconnect it, but if I lower it, it runs faster. I know this gravity feed so I don't know if the flow is enough.
Any thoughts
 
:welcome: to the Forum!
Is fuel tank clean? If you spray some starting fluid into carb when it starts dying, does it pick back up?
 
Does it crank right back up when it dies? Was fuel filter replaced before this started happening?
 
Does it crank right back up when it dies? Was fuel filter replaced before this started happening?

t will crank after a few minutes, I pulled the fuel line off at the carb and it is dripping from the line. I inherited the mower so I am not sure if the gas filter is for a gravity or fuel pump system.
 
There should be a lot more than a drip when fuel line is disconnected from carb, more of a stream. If tank is clean, fuel line clear then I would replace fuel filter. My father also has the lt2000.
 
There should be a lot more than a drip when fuel line is disconnected from carb, more of a stream. If tank is clean, fuel line clear then I would replace fuel filter. My father also has the lt2000.

Just got a new filter. Will try it out this afternoon and see what happens.
 
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to the Craftsman forum in case you need any additional help figuring out what that mower issue might be.
 
Back
Top