Purchasing a weed eater

MyType

Threads
What would be the best weed eater I can purchase for under $300?

Lawnranger

Threads
Stihl, Echo and Shindaiwa are the three that I personally own and all three are great trimmers/brushcutters as far as reliability and durability go. If I were in the market for a new trimmer I would go to as many dealers as possible and try them out to see how the feel and what options are available. Stay away from any machine that has the pull start cord on the front of the engine.

Threads
Stihl, Echo and Shindaiwa are the three that I personally own and all three are great trimmers/brushcutters as far as reliability and durability go. If I were in the market for a new trimmer I would go to as many dealers as possible and try them out to see how the feel and what options are available. Stay away from any machine that has the pull start cord on the front of the engine.

I agree.....Echo or Stihl weedwackers are great. :smile:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What would be the best weed eater I can purchase for under $300?

You can purchase the Stihl Fs 90 R for $319.95 it's one of the best in that price range and it's a professional grade. DISPLACEMENT 28.4 cc (1.73 cu. in.) ENGINE POWER 0.95 kW (1.27 bhp) WEIGHT*5.3 kg (11.7 lbs.)

MyType

Threads
Thanks, what your take on the stihl FS 55 R

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks, what your take on the stihl FS 55 R

It's The Stihl Home Scaper Series. The FS 55R is a good machine for the homeowner and occasional use, that's what they were designed for. Most would think with the 27.2 cc motor there wouldn't be that much difference between it and the 28.4cc of the 90R I can tell you that series motor does not come close to the 90R. If you're thinking about using it for business I'd think seriously about spending the extra on the 90R.

Something you mite want to consider doing is going to your dealer and testing each to see the difference. If you don't test them against each other and you buy the FS55R don't ever pickup a 90R and use it or you'll kick yourself in the arse for buying the 55 :smile: It's my opinion that the 90R is twice the trimmer.

Last edited:

ScagRider03

Threads
Browns Lawn Service said:
echo srm 230 - $289 @ home depot...

$313 out the door...

Hey now, I once heard if you wanna make money don't goto home depot lol and I can't say I don't like echo because I have never used! Im a STIHL guy always will be just gotta get the valves checked out on the quite often on my br600 at least