Pulley brake pads

hrdman2luv

Well-Known Member
I'd be interesting in hearing what others have attempted to use on their pulley brake pads. I normally just replace them with OEM. But I wonder if something else could be used. Like maybe a whole bunch of duck tape, pieces of rubber or something else.

What have you tried?
 
Sound like more work then the benefit you would get from it. Maybe if its a part that you can no longer buy and money isn't a problem you can buy brake lining by the roll.
 
We're talking about the rubber pads that fit on the arms that stop the deck pulley's when you disengage the mower, right?
 
We're talking about the rubber pads that fit on the arms that stop the deck pulley's when you disengage the mower, right?

I guess of all the mowers that ever came into my shop have I seen brake pads made of rubber. This must of been something made up that you are working on?? Yes you can buy brake lining but it has to be a lot cheaper just to buy the right OEM parts. I guess you can experiment with different materials so let us know how it works for you? I can see that rubber may work but it wouldn't last very long, never tried it.
 
I guess of all the mowers that ever came into my shop have I seen brake pads made of rubber. This must of been something made up that you are working on?? Yes you can buy brake lining but it has to be a lot cheaper just to buy the right OEM parts. I guess you can experiment with different materials so let us know how it works for you? I can see that rubber may work but it wouldn't last very long, never tried it.

Almost anything would work for a while, I'm guessing. Because it does rub until you disengage the deck. And then, only for a couple of seconds at a time.

Question is, what to use to get something like rubber to stuck to the metal for at least a few years.
 
one i got from curbshopping had some rag tied around where the brake pad was. It works. i didnt realize this for about a year and just left it. Being it is not stopping a 15 ton truck 500 times a day, it actually works fine.
 
Back
Top