PTO will not work

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay you have an apparent PTO circuit failure as you have no 12v at K3. Without K3 active you will not get power to the PTO solenoid when the PTO switch pulled on as it must latched up. Check 12v at points in the Green and Light Blue circuits. For 12v to be on light blue circuit Brake must be off.
455 PTO circuit.PNG.

Jim Pritchrd

Threads
Okay you have an apparent PTO circuit failure as you have no 12v at K3. Without K3 active you will not get power to the PTO solenoid when the PTO switch pulled on as it must latched up. Check 12v at points in the Green and Light Blue circuits. For 12v to be on light blue circuit Brake must be off.
View attachment 50943.
Which of these is the K3 and there is no green wire connected to either of the three.

Attachments

• EA804D06-D077-49B8-9CDD-848BF914C800_1_105_c.jpeg
    EA804D06-D077-49B8-9CDD-848BF914C800_1_105_c.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 3

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Green on the diagram just circuit path not wire color. Sorry wire colors for the external relays are not indicated on the wiring diagram as match any of those in the picture. Maybe JD tech drops in that know the 455.

I currently don't one these on the yard to even look at.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If I am thinking right the relay is on the control board, Not a 100%, base on how the fuses and leds are indicated plus the apparent circuit layout.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Which of these is the K3 and there is no green wire connected to either of the three.

Welcome the wonderful world of working on JD stuff. Why use one circuit when 3 will do. Why in the world would you need wire color codes on the schematic. The dealer has better diagrams that i can't get. Thanks Deere.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Welcome the wonderful world of working on JD stuff. Why use one circuit when 3 will do. Why in the world would you need wire color codes on the schematic. The dealer has better diagrams that i can't get. Thanks Deere.
I actually have the factory service manual here and still the wire colors only half the time matches. Most I got to look for the printed numbers.

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Had a guy a few years back bring me a 445 with the exploding cam and some wiring issues. It was so old the numbers printed on the wires were so faded you couldn't read them. Used my network toner/tracer to figure it out. Color codes would have been nice. I got a Power Probe a few years back. Probably the best tool ever for troubleshooting mower electrics. Beats dragging out the Fuke 87V just to check for 12V or a ground.