PTO question

kt23287

Forum Newbie
Yesterday my John Deere 145 Automatic PTO stopped engaging the blades. The first time they took a few seconds to rev up and then the same thing again and haven't engaged since............anyone with any ideas on a fix or a place to start? Battery tests good. I only saw one fuse, a 20 amp, it was good and I don't guess there is another one just for the PTO. Thanks
keith
 
Hello keith & Welcome to the LMF...

Check for 12 volts at the clutch AND check that there is a GOOD ground... a poor connection at either will give you bad times... and that is the most common reason clutches fail... :smile:KennyV
 
The clutch is on the engine pulley as far as testing goes i dont know but just a simple wire check as mentioned may help. I would check the hot, and ground to be sure they are tight, and no chaffed covering. Maybe someone here can tell us both how to test the clutch..:smile:
 
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the John Deere Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top