Prrescription costs-RIPOFF

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just got a new RX earlier this week for a certain medication I am prescribed...have been taking it since about Y2K. I saved the invoice for the RX of the same drug from last May, my co-pay under BC/BS plan was $40 then, and my insurance was billed $2208 for their share of the 180 tablets.

You think that is a lot, right?

Well, one year later I am still paying the $40 co-pay, but my insurance was billed $3092 for their share of the 180 tablets. Same drug, same strength, same comnpany producing it. The price to consumers started creeping up back about 2004, I remember it being about $770 in total for 180 tablets then. What is involved here is pure GREED. The company that holds the patent on the drug I take is steadily jacking up the price because the patent expires next year, and when that happens, generics will be available at a much lower price. It surprises me that the medical coverage firms such as BC/BS permit such price hikes. Seems it should be illegal.

Just an update...here it is less than 60 days later after I posted this thead, and, GET THIS...the RX that cost BC/BS $3092 less than two months ago is now costing them $3614 !!!!! YES, that is NOT A MISPRINT. The price has gone up $522 for 180 tablets, same drug, same dosage, in less than 60 days.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the distinct feeling things aren't going to get any better, either....:frown:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the distinct feeling things aren't going to get any better, either....:frown:

I think I got the next few years planned just right though...in 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks, I will hit 62 and be able to draw Social Security and live like a king for a few years, at least until Medicare kicks in and sucks the lifeblood out of my budget. Maybe I will get lucky and kick the bucket before Medicare bleeds me dry....

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think I got the next few years planned just right though...in 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks, I will hit 62 and be able to draw Social Security and live like a king for a few years, at least until Medicare kicks in and sucks the lifeblood out of my budget. Maybe I will get lucky and kick the bucket before Medicare bleeds me dry....

My mom and dad have to plan their entire budget around Medicare. It just ain't right.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My mom and dad have to plan their entire budget around Medicare. It just ain't right.

My in laws are in their early 80's, same situation. It angers me that the USA can p--- away billions of dollars a year in aid to Japan, Haiti, etc. and then we have to deny our own citizens decent health care, as well as other things they are entitled to.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My in laws are in their early 80's, same situation. It angers me that the USA can p--- away billions of dollars a year in aid to Japan, Haiti, etc. and then we have to deny our own citizens decent health care, as well as other things they are entitled to.

Ain't that the truth? :rolleyes:

Well said!

shimonf

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thats why I am selling vitamins and nutrition items. Prevention is better then cure. We treat our bodies like crap. We take care of everything else that we have like our mowers and the house and the kids but we dont take care and do the preventitive maintanence on ourselfs as we should be. I have had a lack of energy and always had issues and at 32 I had a colonoscopy. The more I didnt take care of myself the worse I felt and the more I went to the doc to have them cure me whe I had the answers before me. I am now selling products that are proven to work and are very healthy for you that everyone can take even kids. I have had great results. I used to drink a 12 pack of mountian dew a day just for the energy alone and to keep going. I had stomach problems and with the products I take I am energized and have no stomach issues anymore. I have lost some weight and some inches and am still working on it. The products have been around for 30 years and you cant buy them off the shelf. If you are interested in learning more about the products that are 100 percent gaurenteed (unlike my spelling ) Give me a shout and let me know. I have a few websites I can show you so you can see the products and read all about them. Products speek for themselfs.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Vitamins & minerals are ok... The food you eat is what your building your body with...

Pop, any kind of pop is NOT something anyone should deliberately ingest... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Vitamins & minerals are ok... The food you eat is what your building your body with...

Pop, any kind of pop is NOT something anyone should deliberately ingest... :smile:KennyV

So many people think diet soda is okay because it has few calories, but they are now saying consuming even diet soda is bad for you. I have had maybe a half dozen cans in the last year, only from fast food places. Never drink it at home.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Just an update...here it is less than 60 days later after I posted this thead, and, GET THIS...the RX that cost BC/BS $3092 less than two months ago is now costing them $3614 !!!!! YES, that is NOT A MISPRINT. The price has gone up $522 for 180 tablets, same drug, same dosage, in less than 60 days.
Almost sounds to me like you're dealing with Medco. If so, don't believe everything you read. They've been screwing us around for years.