Propartsdirect.net order - First and last order from me

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Propartsdirect.net order - First and last order from me
A couple places are Repair Clinic and Partstree. Both are good companies ti\o deal with; although, they can be pricey at times. Now if you are a regular shop then there are the distributors like Gardner and RBI in the SE, USA. Other regions have their own distributors. Some demand a minimum annual purchase amount, like the Stens and Rotary aftermarket distributors.

Got be careful of some vendors too as for an example SearPartsDirect will say they got the parts but then send email saying they are on order from there vendors. I had cancelled one order with Jacks because SPD said they had the parts in stock. When I order the parts that when I found out they didn't and that parts were back ordered for three months. I cancel that order and let my customer know I was unable to get the parts in a reasonable time frame. Well he called last month and want me to try again. Well Husqvarna still hasn't gotten the cable in stock yet and it has been over 6 months since I initially ordered from Jacks.

At least are not like ScootR that went out business but left the website up. I found this out this week when I could get payment thru Paypal. Tried emailing and mailbox full message and the phone line ring twice and goes to a busy signal. So dug a little deeper and found they were sold out and even the company that purchased them is closed. So there is a lot pissed off owners out there of the scooters.
Web sites usually stay up till there is a sever update and only the customers that have a current account paid get their sites written to the new servers
Stainless Fasteners site stayed up for 5 years after they closed down .
There are a lot of ghost sites aound like DS Parts for instance

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hope the US dollar stays solvent..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Parts tree is my go to due to logistics, They ship from Austin, Texas, i live in Conroe,TX.
doesn't take long to ship something 170 miles.
heck, if i really needed something, a 5 hour round trip and i'd have it!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes but only special need items. But is because I have two distributors that cover my MTD / Husqvarna / Kawasaki parts.

For the Snapper (Briggs) I usually order thru Jack's now as I had to terminate a distributor due their unreasonable demand on yearly purchase volume. I had problems with them because one of their sales reps lying to me. Then Briggs sales and repairs went through the floor.

Parts are being back order from every OEM here. Even my normal distributors are having problems getting parts. I got part that on back order until May so those repairs are on hold currently. And just got out repairs from Jan/Feb time frame.

And Gardner/Dixie Sales and RBI are my two main distributors.

But I do agree that online vendors should be able to tell us what is in stock and what is not easily as it is a matter of having the proper software and current data entry.

Are you not allowed to use Amazon or Ebay? Because they sell a LOT of OEM parts. I get the price difference when going through a distributor. So you have to jack up the parts price some. Still better than having to wait weeks or months to get parts.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Parts tree is my go to due to logistics, They ship from Austin, Texas, i live in Conroe,TX.
doesn't take long to ship something 170 miles.
heck, if i really needed something, a 5 hour round trip and i'd have it!

I had a couple of issues with Partstree when I first started. I can't remember what it was over. I think it was out of stock parts that was listed as in stock.

I like ordering from places that have parts diagrams. That makes it easy to find the parts then cross check their prices and shipping times to that of places like Amazon.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had a couple of issues with Partstree when I first started. I can't remember what it was over. I think it was out of stock parts that was listed as in stock.

I like ordering from places that have parts diagrams. That makes it easy to find the parts then cross check their prices and shipping times to that of places like Amazon.
Partstree use to show the parts making it look like they were in stock, but you wouldn't find out until the order was placed and then went back a couple of hours later and check the order status to show that they had requested the parts from their supplier.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
This why I prefer to order my parts through Gardner, RBI, BoatsNet, and Partzilla as their systems are update as to what they have in stock. Other vendors are not as update to date as they should be.

In this age of computer and managed inventory it should not be happening. But I think some of it is just to get the orders placed and then pissed us off. Sears for one has completely lost my business.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
This why I prefer to order my parts through Gardner, RBI, BoatsNet, and Partzilla as their systems are update as to what they have in stock. Other vendors are not as update to date as they should be.

In this age of computer and managed inventory it should not be happening. But I think some of it is just to get the orders placed and then pissed us off. Sears for one has completely lost my business.
Sears has alway had the issue of showing parts in stock when they weren't. Would even charge your credit card for something that they didn't have available to ship. At one time they even use to give me a 15% discount as a commercial customer, but they ended that without notice. Partstree for the most part is now showing what is and what isn't in stock at the time of order.