Propartsdirect.net order - First and last order from me

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Propartsdirect.net order - First and last order from me
Anyone order from Propartsdirect.net? Taryl seems to like them a lot. I tried them first time this past Sunday. Put a good sized order together.

This is Friday, full working week later. My parts are still not ready to ship. I ordered OEM Snapper and Kawasaki parts. Nothing unique.

It's 2023 now and they do NOT have any inventory info on their website.

Wish I knew or not the parts were or weren't in stock. If not, I wouldn't have ordered from them. I've called them twice now. Seems like no hurry to get my order out. "As soon as the parts arrive".......... Last straw for me.

Just thinking, guys with lawn crews would be down a mower or two waiting on parts. Can't make money not cutting grass.

So who do you guys order from?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes but only special need items. But is because I have two distributors that cover my MTD / Husqvarna / Kawasaki parts.

For the Snapper (Briggs) I usually order thru Jack's now as I had to terminate a distributor due their unreasonable demand on yearly purchase volume. I had problems with them because one of their sales reps lying to me. Then Briggs sales and repairs went through the floor.

Parts are being back order from every OEM here. Even my normal distributors are having problems getting parts. I got part that on back order until May so those repairs are on hold currently. And just got out repairs from Jan/Feb time frame.

And Gardner/Dixie Sales and RBI are my two main distributors.

But I do agree that online vendors should be able to tell us what is in stock and what is not easily as it is a matter of having the proper software and current data entry.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I waited a month to get parts for a husqvarna 970 and a month and a half for parts for a snapper rear engine rider. A bunch of husqvarna parts I needed are NLA. Seems the aftermarket parts are back to normal but not OEM. I can get aftermarket blades for an old MTD/White but OEM is NLA. I got a drive belt from stens in one day. Most online sites showed the OEM belt out of stock.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It seems a lot of the OEMs are trying to kill of the older equipment now. Many of Briggs parts are also going NLA quickly.

What they have forget is brand loyalty matters but many customer are finding the hard way that their trusted OEM don't give a D*** anymore. This probably why my Briggs repairs have tanked as Briggs stabbed everyone in the back when they filed bankruptcy.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Explain, a website with no way of telling us, if any of their parts are in stock??? Most of us are off dial-up. LOL

And all these companies are crying about lack of revenue and going out of business. Can't get people to work blah blah..... People don't want to work because some President keeps the free welfare system going in this country. Wonder who pays for that one.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Some companies just won't in proper inventory tracking software. Even then it is only as good as data entered. And of sometimes software screws things up and it takes a lot of time to straighten that out.

As people not wanting to work some of the problem is the companies themselves. I was laid off in 2006. I hunted for work over two years with being constantly being turned down for every job I applied for in my field of work. I was usually over qualified and a threat to companies. Finally I gave up and went into business for myself. Now with the knowledge I have I am definitely a threat.

I may not be making much of a living but I will never for another A**hole company that think lying and cheating customers is the way to run an honest business.

And yes I am on EBT but I must prove I am working every year by providing statements and copies of my tax forms. It is not a free ride. Personally I would prefer to make enough as not require the help. Things are improving over time as my competition goes out of business or keep screwing their customers. At least in a year and a half I be signing for SS and Medicare. I do without a lot things that other think are necessities but I will make. I have never looked for a hand out but a helping hand is appreciated.

BTW I yet to receive those stimilus checks as the IRS had screwed up my account and I am just now getting it straighten out so I might see the $3400 by the time I retire.

oldackonoak

Threads
Some companies just won't in proper inventory tracking software. Even then it is only as good as data entered. And of sometimes software screws things up and it takes a lot of time to straighten that out.

As people not wanting to work some of the problem is the companies themselves. I was laid off in 2006. I hunted for work over two years with being constantly being turned down for every job I applied for in my field of work. I was usually over qualified and a threat to companies. Finally I gave up and went into business for myself. Now with the knowledge I have I am definitely a threat.

I may not be making much of a living but I will never for another A**hole company that think lying and cheating customers is the way to run an honest business.

And yes I am on EBT but I must prove I am working every year by providing statements and copies of my tax forms. It is not a free ride. Personally I would prefer to make enough as not require the help. Things are improving over time as my competition goes out of business or keep screwing their customers. At least in a year and a half I be signing for SS and Medicare. I do without a lot things that other think are necessities but I will make. I have never looked for a hand out but a helping hand is appreciated.

BTW I yet to receive those stimilus checks as the IRS had screwed up my account and I am just now getting it straighten out so I might see the $3400 by the time I retire.
I ended up in some what of the same situation. Finding a decent job was impossible for the reasons you stated. While looking for work I was working on a snowmobile for a friend and crushed my back. I ended up on SSDI and made enough money in the past to get by. But SS doesn't give you enough to live on unless you have a retirement plan which I had to use to get by it is very difficullt to get by. I would probably get more benefits from welfare but I am not going there. I will take back what I paid Social Security and make ends meet. I went the Medicare route to try and find someone that could fix my back it got expensive fast. I'm a Veteran so I am using their health care system now and it needs allot of work!!! Good luck I hope things work out for you!! I heard something about EBT on the news not sure what it is. But food is crazy expensive I am eating one meal a day. And went from 180lbs to 145. I will have to check into the EBT maybe I could eat some lunch. And I heard over qualified to many times you would think they would want some one that is over qualified but they just want cheap bodies that don't think!!!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I heard over qualified to many times you would think they would want some one that is over qualified but they just want cheap bodies that don't think!!!
That is it.
I would probably get more benefits from welfare but I am not going there.
I would not count on it. I couldn't even get my states Medcaid plan. I was told making $300 per month was too much income. And ObamaCare wanted over $900 per month payments. No way I could do it so I living without any health insurance currently.

I went from 260 lbs down to 240 lbs myself but it was more diet change related to my blood pressure. Looking to lose another 20 lbs this year. Either way I eating a lot healthier than in the pass. I just want off those darn pills.

Oh EBT helps a lot but you must learn to stay away from the expensive stuff and here I use a lot coupons and the reduce price sale items. Just watch out on these items as some will keep things until they ready spoil of the way home and others good about their timing. Usually here Kroger and Walmart are the best sources. Kroger does run digital coupons and loyal customer reward coupons. Like this week I got a $5 off coupon if I buy $50+ in groceries which I usually do every week anyways plus I have about $10 in coupons to redeem too.

Probably what you heard was about some of pandemic increases are not being continued and a lot of the Republican led states are quickly reducing EBT benefits. At least TN is not. And I am glad to as the increase costs of the food at stores are so much so that I very seldom see beef items in my basket.

And yes I have heard how slow the VA is but they are also very good at helping when they can.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So what mower shops online, show they have parts in stock? We've covered Propartsdirect.net doesn't.

Snapper.parts, you can't even put it in your cart if they don't have it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A couple places are Repair Clinic and Partstree. Both are good companies ti\o deal with; although, they can be pricey at times. Now if you are a regular shop then there are the distributors like Gardner and RBI in the SE, USA. Other regions have their own distributors. Some demand a minimum annual purchase amount, like the Stens and Rotary aftermarket distributors.

Got be careful of some vendors too as for an example SearPartsDirect will say they got the parts but then send email saying they are on order from there vendors. I had cancelled one order with Jacks because SPD said they had the parts in stock. When I order the parts that when I found out they didn't and that parts were back ordered for three months. I cancel that order and let my customer know I was unable to get the parts in a reasonable time frame. Well he called last month and want me to try again. Well Husqvarna still hasn't gotten the cable in stock yet and it has been over 6 months since I initially ordered from Jacks.

At least are not like ScootR that went out business but left the website up. I found this out this week when I could get payment thru Paypal. Tried emailing and mailbox full message and the phone line ring twice and goes to a busy signal. So dug a little deeper and found they were sold out and even the company that purchased them is closed. So there is a lot pissed off owners out there of the scooters.