Propane mowers?

Manny

Threads

173abn

Threads
eXmark,DixieChopper are two that come to mind.Don't know much about how many hours you get with a tank of propane.Looks like eXmark offers 6 models and DixieChopper 2 models.I'm sure there are others .I would think it would be a hassle having to go to a propane dealer to fill up.I use propane to heat my home and the cost per gallon is a little under $2.00 a gallon.Dixie Chopper's two models have dual tanks that hold 15gal. russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
.Don't know much about how many hours you get with a tank of propane.
.I would think it would be a hassle having to go to a propane dealer to fill up

.I use propane to heat my home and the cost per gallon is a little under $2.00
russ

russ...
You will use about twice the propane as diesel fuel running an engine...
The inconvenience of filling the small portable tanks seems to me not worth the extra cost to equip the mower ...

I also use propane for heat... Just filled my 1000 gallon tank last mth $1.42 per gallon... don't want to see it get near or over $2 again... :smile:KennyV

lizard

Threads
Get a Diesel...........less trouble........can even run on Kerosene, yep Diesel is the way to go........forget everything else.......Tried and Proven.........if the shoe fits why go elsewhere!:eek:

173abn

Threads
Kenny,I only use propone in the winter to heat with and i've got 70% in my tank.I hope the price stays low.Lizard you are so right,diesel rules. russ