Problems after hitting brick

kmsmth278

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 5 year old Yard Machine gas lawn mower with a B&S engine. I hit a brick today and it cut off. The blade isn't bent, but it doesn't turn properly. It will turn easily for a little bit but then it gets hard to turn and makes a squealing noise before turning easily again. The flywheel pin isn't sheared but it does appear to have a crack. I need to get a puller kit because I can't get the flywheel off but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

The crankshaft doesn't look bent. It doesn't wobble or move at all. I centered a laser dot on the bolt and turned the blade. The laser dot stayed dead center on the bolt the whole time.

Also, if I remove the spark plug, the blade keeps making the squealing noise but turns freely.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
does the piston go up and down?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT makes things a lot easier if we know exactly what we are dealing with
The possible problems are different if this is a walk behind or a tractor ?

boatmoter

Threads
I have a 5 year old Yard Machine gas lawn mower with a B&S engine. I hit a brick today and it cut off. The blade isn't bent, but it doesn't turn properly. It will turn easily for a little bit but then it gets hard to turn and makes a squealing noise before turning easily again. The flywheel pin isn't sheared but it does appear to have a crack. I need to get a puller kit because I can't get the flywheel off but I'm not sure if this is the problem.

The crankshaft doesn't look bent. It doesn't wobble or move at all. I centered a laser dot on the bolt and turned the blade. The laser dot stayed dead center on the bolt the whole time.

Also, if I remove the spark plug, the blade keeps making the squealing noise but turns freely.

Any ideas on what the problem is?
you may have bent the spindle shaft. remove mower belts and turn by hand to see if spindle shaft is bent

Bertrrr

Threads
If it still runs , no need to pull the flywheel, squeeling sounds would be a pully or belt, will need more information on what kind of mower this is