Primer bulb/Carb question on Stihl BG 95 blower.....Dies out after starting.

Homeby5

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Primer bulb/Carb question on Stihl BG 95 blower.....Dies out after starting.
I use my Stihl blower everyday. It ran perfect until I changed the primer bulb. As soon as I changed the bulb....my blower will start but not continue to run. I know the electircal is good because it will run when I spray starting fluid down the throat. It has to be something I did when changing the bulb because as I said....it ran perfectly. I have performed/cleaned checked the following:

Disassembled and cleaned the carb
Fuel filter
Spark arrestor
Check both fuel lines (return and supply) for clogs

Question: When you disassemble the carb and blow through the fuel return nipple...the one that goes to the plastic housing that the bulb mounts to.....it has a strong resistance. It also has a strong resistance to vacuum. Is this OK? The fuel supply offers no resistance.

Thanks guys:)

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Primer bulb/Carb question on Stihl BG 95 blower.....Dies out after starting.
BG 85 maybe?
65?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does your fuel line look like this?
line.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Was it a genuine Stihl primer bulb ?
IF you put your finger hard over the return tube on the carb and press the primer bulb in you should feel a squirt of air.
If you hold your finger on there hard , the bulb should not return .
The inlet tube is connected to the needle valve and that is held closed to a pressure of better than 10 psi.
The primer bulb housing has either 1 or 2 check valves in it
Both Walbro & Zama have excellent repair manuals on their web pages that explain how their carburetors work much better than we can do here and they have nice clear colour coded drawings that explain everything