Prices for used snowblowers?

Honey

Threads
What is a good price for a used snowblower? We are looking at one for $500, it is a HONDA and has a new engine and it is 27 inches wide with 3 speeds. I don't know much about them so I thought I would ask.

LandN

Threads
if you buy used, you "might" have issues/problems with it and it might take time for certain issues/problems to present themselves if at all, therefore "could" leave you high and dry in the middle of snowblowing a drive @ 0* outside..... If you buy new,(from a dealer) you'll have the comfort of having a warrantee for a couple years or so.....The 500.00 dollar range can buy a decent used blower and can also nearly buy a new entry level blower. honda has some good products and a reliable reputation.If you like that 500.00 blower ask if you can try it out and find out why a new engine was installed what year is the blower? good luck :thumbsup:

indypower

Threads
What is a good price for a used snowblower? We are looking at one for $500, it is a HONDA and has a new engine and it is 27 inches wide with 3 speeds. I don't know much about them so I thought I would ask.
There is something else wrong with it. Used Honda snowblowers usually run $800 or more here and now with snow they go for even more $$$$. I just saw an ad for 1 for $250 but it said it needs an axle and an auger shaft. Those 2 items cost just under $400 just for the parts. I think I would pass on it.

noma

Threads
Honey

Yes i think there is something else wrong with it to if it went through a engine . Depend on how old it is, i will say honda engines are good engines that start easy and last a long time. I think i would try it out before i would buy it.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Honey ... I see your location is East...
You should have plenty of white stuff to try this out on... depending on just where you are East of:biggrin:...

Used equipment can be as reliable as new... You just have to look it over and try it and make a determination as to how well it may have been serviced... :smile:KennyV

SouthCentral

Threads

sglc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honestly it's hard to tell on the computer without looking at it but the fact that it already has had an engine replacement should be a red flag but not necessarily a no go.

FarmerJared

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just getting ready to sell my 2003 Ariens 1336 Pro Snowblower and wanted to get some feedback on what you all think is a good asking price. I can't seem to find values online and don't want to be unreasonable, but obviously want to get as much out of it as possible.

Runs great, works great and has been well maintained.

thanks for your feedback!

Mower King

Threads
Just getting ready to sell my 2003 Ariens 1336 Pro Snowblower and wanted to get some feedback on what you all think is a good asking price. I can't seem to find values online and don't want to be unreasonable, but obviously want to get as much out of it as possible.

Runs great, works great and has been well maintained.

thanks for your feedback!
Whatever you decide on what the selling price is....wait for winter when the snow is flying and you can probably add a couple 100's to it & get it!
Definitely won't get as much for a snow blower in the middle of summer, as when it's snowing!