Export thread

Potential name change opinions needed

mikec280

mikec280

I'm thinking of new names for my business. Here's what I have:

A+ Lawn Care(wife's suggestion)
Elite Lawn Care
Mountaineer Lawn Care(I live in WV)

I'm very picky and I've been googling names for over a week. Help! :)

Ric

Ric

Elite Lawn Care

What's the name of your company now and have you done any advertising?

mikec280

mikec280

This yr I was going under Mike's Lawn Care. I think it's too plain I don't like it. I just started out and didn't do much advertising besides word of mouth so it won't affect much by changing it.

Ric

Ric

A+ Lawn Care is a good name , the problem with it is it's used to frequently. Mountaineer Lawn Care not bad. I'd go that way unless you can come up with something else.

Carscw

Carscw

Superior lawn services

mikec280

mikec280

I'm leaning toward Mountaineer Lawn Care but I don't want it to sound like a gimmick. I've thought of Superior or even Pristine Cuts Lawn Care. Nothing catches my attention like, oh that's the one ya know?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I'm leaning toward Mountaineer Lawn Care but I don't want it to sound like a gimmick. I've thought of Superior or even Pristine Cuts Lawn Care. Nothing catches my attention like, oh that's the one ya know?

Yeah Mountaineer Lawn Care sounds good! :thumbsup: I think Extra Step Lawn Care would be good, too....if you go above and beyond. Here are some others:

• Cutting Edge Lawn Care
  • At Your Service Lawn Care
  • Mighty Mow Lawn Care
  • Clean Cut Lawn Care
  • Greener Pastures
  • Dalmatian Lawn Care...."We don't miss a spot!"

mikec280

mikec280

I really wanted to use Cutting Edge Lawn Care but its taken in several formations in WV. I like Mountaineer though. But it in no way describes my service and there's a number of other businesses that have Mountaineer in it. Not alot, but some.

Carscw

Carscw

Yeah Mountaineer Lawn Care sounds good! :thumbsup: I think Extra Step Lawn Care would be good, too....if you go above and beyond. Here are some others: [*]Cutting Edge Lawn Care I will continue this list this evening....

There are about 5 or more mow and go guys around here called cutting edge lawn care/ yard care/ landscaping /

Mine a few years ago was final touch landscaping

mikec280

mikec280

Yeah it looks like on the searches I've done, Cutting Edge is a commonly used name.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I added more to the above list. Post #7.

Carscw

Carscw

Back many years ago we had I thing called a phone book. It played a part in picking your company name. People wanted their name first in the listing. So you ended up with names like A LAWN CARE
AA-AAA anything to be the first name.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Back many years ago we had I thing called a phone book. It played a part in picking your company name. People wanted their name first in the listing. So you ended up with names like A LAWN CARE
AA-AAA anything to be the first name.

If you want it to be towards the top of internet searches (if you have a website) maybe call it Your Town Lawn Care.

Ric

Ric

If you want it to be towards the top of internet searches (if you have a website) maybe call it Your Town Lawn Care.

The Your Town thing would work as long as someone else isn't using it. Something you may want to keep in mind when selecting your name may be the cost involved when it comes to advertising, having your truck or trailer done with your name or having magnetic signs made etc. Charging by the letter can get a little expensive.

You could also use the name of the county you live in and make it county name finest lawn care.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

...Charging by the letter can get a little expensive.

Now A+ Lawn Care sounds better! :laughing:

briggs

briggs

a+ lawn care sounds good or A1 lawn care

Parkmower

Parkmower

Fairway lawn.
Putting green lawns.
Any kind of golf course reference makes people think manicured like a golf course

mikec280

mikec280

Now A+ Lawn Care sounds better! :laughing:

Haha I must agree lol. Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with Mountaineer Lawn Care. I have a logo already I found online the other day that should work out well with it.

mikec280

mikec280

Well back to the drawing board. I guess I misspelled mountaineer earlier and it didn't show up. Upon looking again, there's 5 business already. :( my wife like's A+ so I need to brainstorm and research some more. I like the golf suggestions as I do play golf.

RobertBrown

RobertBrown

Hillbilly Weedpluckers

The Grass Pastor........"Your lawn is almost heaven "

Blueridge lawn maintenence.

Ridge runner mowing

Mid TN Lawn

Mid TN Lawn

I'm thinking of new names for my business. Here's what I have: A+ Lawn Care(wife's suggestion) Elite Lawn Care Mountaineer Lawn Care(I live in WV) I'm very picky and I've been googling names for over a week. Help! :)[/QUOTE
You also need to consider email and website availability and ease of web address when choosing your name around here must be a dozen A + lawn cares stick with a professional sounding name that allows you to become as large as you want. Once you pick it your stick with it as everything from banks to insurance, licenses etc,. Will have it on there plus your ein from irs

Ric

Ric

Haha I must agree lol. Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with Mountaineer Lawn Care. I have a logo already I found online the other day that should work out well with it.

How about, From The Ground Up Lawncare. that kinda says you do everything involving lawn care. per google

mikec280

mikec280

Well I've been thinking lately on Kanawha Valley Lawn Care. I live in the "Kanawha Valley" so maybe I'll go with it.

mikec280

mikec280

What do you guys think about A.C. Lawn Care? Those are the first name initials of my kids. I still like KV lawn care but my dad says its not unique. But like I said, it serves its purpose.

Mid TN Lawn

Mid TN Lawn

Remember name can make or break you need to be easy to remember easy for people to google

mikec280

mikec280

Remember name can make or break you need to be easy to remember easy for people to google

I never dreamed I would stress myself so much over a name. It's hard to find a name not in use and still be unique. I figure if I put periods between A and C it could throw off google searches. I'm lost lol.

L

LoCo86

I never dreamed I would stress myself so much over a name. It's hard to find a name not in use and still be unique. I figure if I put periods between A and C it could throw off google searches. I'm lost lol.

Go with something that fits you. Come up with your own name and with that feeling of "Eureka!" You will feel like you own that name and want to make it a brand.

mikec280

mikec280

Go with something that fits you. Come up with your own name and with that feeling of "Eureka!" You will feel like you own that name and want to make it a brand.

Yeah Loco you hit the nail on the head. I told my wife the same thing earlier. I haven't found something where I'm like, yeah that's it. I thought of Country Roads Lawn Care. It's our theme in WV, Country Roads by John Denver.

L

LoCo86

Yeah Loco you hit the nail on the head. I told my wife the same thing earlier. I haven't found something where I'm like, yeah that's it. I thought of Country Roads Lawn Care. It's our theme in WV, Country Roads by John Denver.

I think names that are abstract from the lawn mowing scene seem to do better in the business world. Such as your " Country Roads". There is a company in California that does very well called " Gothic Landscaping". What I'm saying is don't feel like you have to confine your business name to just generic lawn terms.

mikec280

mikec280

Loco, I think that's my problem. Exactly what you said. I feel like if I stray away from "lawn names" that it may not be "right" so to speak. I like country roads and may go with it.

mikec280

mikec280

Just to give an update....I went with Kanawha Valley Lawn Care.

Ean

Ean

Superior lawn services

I like this one

wjjones

wjjones

Elite Lawn Care

Happy wife happy life go with her suggestion I think it is pretty good.:thumbsup:

OldMasterTech

OldMasterTech

Elite Lawn Care

Mountaineer Mow Master

mikec280

mikec280

Thanks for the suggestions but I went with Kanawha Valley Lawn Care as I live in the Kanawha Valley.